GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So, I got a GTI...

mikeleemk6

Go Kart Champion
Glad you're safe. I just got my GTI about a month ago. Time flies lol.

Coming from other forums (SVTPerformance,LRodder) search always helps. There's a stupid questions thread though haha. Great group of guys here from the month I have been here.

Where at in Florida are you?

CMGTI

Ready to race!
My grandma has a house in Edgewater. I visit that way about 3-4 times a year.

Nice. Except for a black 3 door, thats it for GTIs lol.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
So then.

-APR Stage 1
-Clutch upgrade
-R8 coils
-Carbon cleaning
-Keep up on oil changes

And I should be good for another 50k miles?

you really lucked out on the tires. maybe the previous owner was someone on here? or at least some form of enthusiast. it's not often that you just see upgraded summer tires on stock wheels. usually it's the other way around.

have you checked to see if the car is tuned yet? stage 1/2 will be pretty even with a 350. i'd be surprised if you felt the car in stock form was faster. may want to check before you go try to pay for it again.

also, how has nobody mentioned the water pump?

ralphykid67

Ready to race!
I noticed the clear sidemarkers. Those are aftermarket.

And yes the water pump! Biggest problem with these cars by far. Google it. Most common failure on this car by far. Nothing you can really do about it though except monitor coolant levels and check for drips. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here..

czirrfb

Banned
Ok guys I got a 0-60 video, I live in an urban area, so no real roads to go fast straight on, I managed to find a curved road near my complex. So I had to hold my phone with one hand and drive/shift/steer with the other all while turning down a curved road.

Looks about stock. 6 seconds

This is my 350z's 0-60 time -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPRmt3TYjkM (6 seconds)

So already my GTI is just as fast as my 350z was.

Last edited:

czirrfb

Banned
Great. So now i'm all paranoid over my water pump breaking. Why can't VW build cars that go at least 100k miles without major issues? It's 2015!

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
I wouldn't worry about it. I've never had a water pump go out on any of my GTIs/GLIs.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Ok guys I got a 0-60 video, I live in an urban area, so no real roads to go fast straight on, I managed to find a curved road near my complex. So I had to hold my phone with one hand and drive/shift/steer with the other all while turning down a curved road.

Looks about stock. 6 seconds

This is my 350z's 0-60 time -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPRmt3TYjkM (6 seconds)

So already my GTI is just as fast as my 350z was.

i managed 6.1 on my mk6 gti when it was stock, did the car surge harder (like kick in your face kinda way) after 2,000 rpm then somewhat lost a little power at 5k rpm? Did you also have some wheelspin in 2nd gear? if so you have stage 1.