GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

It happened again! Help!

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Just cleaned the Mass Airflow Sensor and the car is still throwing the exact same codes. What now?

It could be that the MAF is faulty? Or the wiring is damaged or it may be nothing to do with the MAF, you’ll have to check all the possible causes one by one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Air leak after the MAF maybe?

Check the things mentioned in the Ross-tech wiki, google will help you with guides on how the trouble shoot each one if you need a bit of direction.

Last edited:

gtibrad

ZUM DIS
I also have been doing some research and I have seen a lot of seafoam cleaning tutorials. Does anybody know what that is? Would that help me with my issues?
That's probably for intake valve cleaning...I have a DIY for this, but I just use a '4-parts fuel:1-parts solvent' solution rather than a canned product after looking at multiple MSDS's for each product: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy53uOVeSKw&t=95s

...will it help with your current problem? Depends, although not likely to. Build-up can be so bad it may cause misfires, but not the lean condition as it restricts airflow.

Last edited:

DELETE

Autocross Champion
Make sure everything’s tight from intake (after MAF) to PCV, check plugs are tight enough and coils are down and plugged in properly to start and clean your MAF and make sure she’s plugged in. Could also be injectors, fuel pump, exhaust leak...Check it all bro!

Last edited:

kenveen21

Thanks for help everybody! I will recheck the PCV and retighten all connections after the MAS. Is there any other advice that you guys have? things I should replace at 100k or things like that?

kenveen21

So I purchased my vehicle towards the end of summer and its starting to give me issues. This is the list of the codes.

P0300
P0302
P2187
P0301
P0303
P0300
P2187
P0301
P0303
P0304
P0300
P0302
P2187
P0301

Now most of these are the same code. The one causing all of these is the P2187. This means that the air fuel mixture is bad and that is causing the other codes (Misfires). Now I know that the Inlet Manifold gasket has not been replaced and that may be all there is. I do not have a warranty on the vehicle and honestly I am lost. Any help is very much appreciated, thank you.

Upon further diagnosis, I have concluded that I have a ruptured rear main seal. Oil is leaking from the space between engine and transmission. I am throwing all the same codes that this problem causes and This would explain the pcv issues. I consider myself handy but i will not be able to do this myself. total costs are going to be in the 700-900 range even though it is a 30 dollar part. thanks for the help everyone.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Upon further diagnosis, I have concluded that I have a ruptured rear main seal. Oil is leaking from the space between engine and transmission. I am throwing all the same codes that this problem causes and This would explain the pcv issues. I consider myself handy but i will not be able to do this myself. total costs are going to be in the 700-900 range even though it is a 30 dollar part. thanks for the help everyone.

I have just had the rear main on my GTI replaced due to a failed PCV, I did NOT have any codes, the rear main failing is caused by the failed PCV not vice versa! There is a VERY VERY recent new revision for the rear main, I’ll get you the part number in a bit, you must make sure it is fitted correctly as it is fitted differently to the old revision,

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Rear main p/n - 06K103171G, I don’t know if your MT or DSG but I had the flywheel and clutch changed while it was apart, the flywheel as it has to be removed anyway and the clutch as it had oil on it! ☹️ £1118 GBP ☹️