GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is your A/C any good?

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Like I said
1 Is your A/C set to recirculate when you turn it on

2 When was the last time your Cabin Filters Were Changed

Remember any restriction in Air Flow will Effect the Efficiency of your A/C Just like the Air Filter in your car intake will do the same for your Engine!!

1. Yes ALWAYS.

2. Yes I changed it 400 miles ago.

TomCat1

Ready to race!
At the dealer, I asked them for his AC cleaner and the dude ended up giving me 2 cans. It cleans out the filters of all the AC's car. But it deff does work. You must shake well and you put it in the glove compartment where you see the little AC hole

nomadic

Ready to race!
Used the A/C in the last few days for the first time in my 2.5. Mid 90 temps outside. A/C froze the shit out of me and never got the fan past 2. Couldn't imagine it working any better.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Used the A/C in the last few days for the first time in my 2.5. Mid 90 temps outside. A/C froze the shit out of me and never got the fan past 2. Couldn't imagine it working any better.

I'm going to assume then that the golf 2.5 has a much better/different A/C than the GTI.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
I'm going to assume then that the golf 2.5 has a much better/different A/C than the GTI.

i think they thought of it that way from factory, bc stock gti with high temps the car itself its gutless for power delivery, even worse with a/c. they prob don't want to make that any worse, just assuming that

doublevanosrc

Feeding My Fast daily
The a/c is ok however I use a windshield sunshade to minimize heat in the cabin. However it should NOT blow hot air, never!! My MK5 did this and it drove me crazy, it would only blow cold at highway speeds or on cool days. Took it to the dealer many times all they said was,"couldn't find anything wrong". So annoying.

WAP

Go Kart Champion
You will always get ppl that say it's awesome, those are the ppl that didn't have AC before :laugh:

Dude. I've been driving for over 34 years and drove MANY cars with AC. The best are the domestics, for sure, but mine is as good as my wife's GM.

It was able to put out air that was uncomfortable frigid. I think there's just something wrong with yours.

Gotta be this.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
The power draw of the A/C is linked to the load on the engine. If you can, accelerate a little more quickly to cool down the air con. Sometimes I find just driving at 3k rpm helps cool it down.

butchered by autocorrecr

Plinyyounger

Ready to race!
My AC works great, it bogs the little four banger, but other than that, it's fine.

youloze

Ready to race!
My biggest complaint with the A/C system is that you have to hit the A/C button every time you start the car rather than it coming on automatically when the temp is set on cold or just have it remember the last setting before turning the car off.

It never fails when I get in my car and turn the air on it takes about 30 seconds with the air blowing warm before I notice that the A/C button isn't on. Stupid A/C button...

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Actually, I have yet to fully test the AC on a genuinely hot day. Soon enough, I will be able to. I used it during a humid 78+ degree day, it still remained ice cold.

SnackyJ

So I see that we're getting a mixed response here. Some say its amazing while some say it's terrible like I have.

I really don't want to have a laundry list of things to check off an do just to get a TAD bit cooler air. Either there is something wrong with my specific car or others haven't tried a GOOD A/C from a different make/model.

I think the best route for me is to go check a brand new 2014 out and see how it cools and then make a decision whether or not I have a faulty part somewhere. (I wouldn't mind, I bought bumper to bumper warranty to 80k miles or 8 years so I mind as well use it)

Yeah it's been crazy hot here in socal, probably the hottest it will be in a while, but I've been surprised that the A/C in my MK6 has been sufficient. I'd say most A/Cs will struggle in 95-100+ degree heat. It's far from the best (GM), but better than my wife's Prius (beltless) and her old Mini (probably low on refrigerant).

After about 10minutes of driving in the GTI, I turn it from 4 down to 2 and it's comfortable.

If you have an extended warranty just take it in and see what they say. It definitely sounds like something is wrong.