GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MY K04 experience

GTIKY09

I bought a 2012 mk6 gti about 6 months ago. CSG/DSG, 5 door. Purchased with 61k miles 100% stock. Im an experienced professional auto tech and hold 5 ASE certifications with 8 years experience specializing in BMW/VAG.

I chose to go with a CTS turbo kit simply for the fact it was the most affordable and i really just dont see the advantages of some of the higher prices kits offered. Its a very simple and very mild upgrade in my opinion.

A friend and fellow co-tech took the job on with me and we finished in about 7 hours with a few breaks, i found it to be very straight forward and generally a fun job minus the exhaust manifold nut under the charger and between the WG act. rod.

I decided that buying an "off the shelf tune" from the various big names wasnt something i personally found to appealing, thus so i chose C2 motorsports in louisville Ky for a custom tune. Those guys a are seriously experienced and the customer service is at an uncomparable level to any other tuning shop
Ive dealt with in 10 years of "modding" cars.

My car has a CTS intake, USP downpipe, CTS catch can and the
Pretty red audi coils LOL. Factory intercooler and factory axle back exhaust. 300/310. Ive read alot about the factory IC not being a good option for the K04 and i do not disagree with that statement. Heatsoak is an issue without a
Doubt buts its not neary as dramatic as some
Would like to make it out to be.

Overall i really enjoy the car, its not like its extremly fast... Buts its a
Proper fun street car. Extremly linear. Not a huge big serious upgrade like some
Would make it out to be.

Highly suggest it to anyone looking for alot more fun without the hassle
Of Big turbo set ups.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
300/310 whp/tq is a bit low, especially for a custom tune. Yes, IC will help some, but probably not the extra 30 whp you'll get with the OTS tune. The IC may have had a factor in the tuning process though.

What's your experience with cars till now? I want to know where your "its not like its extremely fast" comment comes from!

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
300/310 whp/tq is a bit low, especially for a custom tune. Yes, IC will help some, but probably not the extra 30 whp you'll get with the OTS tune. The IC may have had a factor in the tuning process though.

What's your experience with cars till now? I want to know where your "its not like its extremely fast" comment comes from!
the way he said it... makes my car feels like a Prius... :paddle:

tdream1

Autocross Newbie

I agree that an aftermarket IC would help. I run an APR K04 w/APR IC on the 3.1 tune. With 93 octane and spraying 50/50 w/m, I was at 311 hp and 331 tq on a Mustang dyno. I was on the 93 oct map. You may want to give a trial to the APR software if you have a dealer close by.