GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI to Golf R?

Gamx35

Ready to race!
More power for GTI and I go with GTI. However, if you don't mind about manual or in area with heavy traffic, then avoid R.

barische

Go Kart Champion
Why did you resurrect this :laugh:

I saw his ss line install video, same old anal plac. Installs then he is unsatisfied n uninstalls.

Then I saw someone with username "2013R" put up SS lines for sale. Ding Ding Ding, upon some research from that guy i end up here to learn 2013R is plac. I freak out n post "this gettin ridicious" im still in shock.

In for what A_bowers about to pull...

???Nuff explanation for ya???

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
:D Yup

A_Bowers

I saw his ss line install video, same old anal plac. Installs then he is unsatisfied n uninstalls.

Then I saw someone with username "2013R" put up SS lines for sale. Ding Ding Ding, upon some research from that guy i end up here to learn 2013R is plac. I freak out n post "this gettin ridicious" im still in shock.

In for what A_bowers about to pull...

???Nuff explanation for ya???

Hey now. He's old news now. When he "took his ball and left" it was enjoyable. Now, he's old news.

I'm over it. We had our fun.

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
Just installed a downpipe on Monday, so now I'm officially Stage 2+. Gotta say this is a must do! My R is now as fast/quick as my GTI was.
Should of done this a while ago!

Sadly, as much as I have babied my clutch I can tell it wont make it much longer, no slipping yet but I can just feel that it won't take the new found torque!

Praying it makes it through this winter!

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Just installed a downpipe on Monday, so now I'm officially Stage 2+. Gotta say this is a must do! My R is now as fast/quick as my GTI was.
Should of done this a while ago!

Sadly, as much as I have babied my clutch I can tell it wont make it much longer, no slipping yet but I can just feel that it won't take the new found torque!

Praying it makes it through this winter!

Thats awesome! What dp?

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
Forecast is 16" of that fluffy stuff tonight,,,,,, Although my GTI did just fine with dedicated snows last year, I'm really glad I now have a "R"!!!

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion

Troy, looks like you guys might get a small dusting,,,, if that.

Harryshah

Ready to race!
Havent read the content just the title of the thread so this might be relevant.

Hi guys!!! I've done s lot on my 2012 gti...first, installed complete R bumpers sides and wider front fenders.

After that, bought 19x8.5 et42 forgestar wheels and R led tails

Euro R headlights and intercooler

After that, i've installed complete dsg quattro system with coilovers

TBE 3in from magnaflow with R catback

So here's the final result!!! Best of all worlds; gti 4motion, tsi, dsg...Hope you like it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taken from vortex original source : http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5661017-What-did-you-do-to-your-MKVI-today/page214

mattttt

Go Kart Champion
Damn. The conversion looks amazing, but why not just buy an R? :iono: