GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Possible new Stage 1 file from APR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredf

Go Kart Champion
Anyone heard when this may be coming after the K04 update?

I can't get an answer in that thread.

Last edited:

dcpppf

Ready to race!
Haha I keep checking in on that thread too hoping to see any eta's on the K03 stage 1/2 updates, but haven't seen anything.

We are the low guys on the totem pole though, so I'm expecting an extensive wait.

fredf

Go Kart Champion
It doesn't specifically 'fix' anything.
But Arin stated in another thread that it is 'smoother' and more 'driveable'. He said there wasn't much power they could add to Stage 1.

I'm just trying to get an idea of when this may be available....how far down on the totem pole we are.

Fleron2301

Go Kart Champion
I thought I heard something about stage 2 making more power, and perhaps elimination of rev hang and other features. If not, I am switching to DM.

whitebeastMKV

Ready to race!
so will if and when these NEW updates for stages 1 and 2 will be available, will it cost us (already apr users) anything?? or will it be a FREE upgrade?

fredf

Go Kart Champion
All upgrades are 'free'. That is, free from APR. Your installer may charge you something to attach his laptop and do the download.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
so will if and when these NEW updates for stages 1 and 2 will be available, will it cost us (already apr users) anything?? or will it be a FREE upgrade?
All upgrades are 'free'. That is, free from APR. Your installer may charge you something to attach his laptop and do the download.
Not 100% true. K04 file is a $300 upcharge unless you buy their kit new. However, if you were to buy a CTS or AWE kit, you'd have to pay the fee to upgrade the file.

Otherwise, any other file switching is free less labor (if applicable at your shop). The place I got tuned initially wanted to charge me $95 of labor. I told them to gfy.

I thought I heard something about stage 2 making more power, and perhaps elimination of rev hang and other features. If not, I am switching to DM.
I didn't hear that... not sure APR would get rid of rev hang. I do like what I'm hearing from DM. He's still testing though right?

MKV727

Go Kart Champion
Not 100% true. K04 file is a $300 upcharge unless you buy their kit new. However, if you were to buy a CTS or AWE kit, you'd have to pay the fee to upgrade the file.

Otherwise, any other file switching is free less labor (if applicable at your shop). The place I got tuned initially wanted to charge me $95 of labor. I told them to gfy.

I didn't hear that... not sure APR would get rid of rev hang. I do like what I'm hearing from DM. He's still testing though right?

Not for stock turbo software, it's done.

Results look incredible.

turbor850

Ready to race!
It doesn't specifically 'fix' anything.
But Arin stated in another thread that it is 'smoother' and more 'driveable'. He said there wasn't much power they could add to Stage 1.

I'm just trying to get an idea of when this may be available....how far down on the totem pole we are.

Also interested in this. Or at least a specific tune for upgraded intercooler and piping or something along that line.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Where's this magical thread? I want to keep up on this, would love to see more power at stage 2 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.