GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is it normal or am I paranoid?

mdashali

Ready to race!
I ordered a 4D GTI DSG through Winn VW in Fremont, CA
The ship arrived at the port (San Diego, CA) and the car was released (rush request) on 26th to Load Line with an ETA of 2-3 days. So far the dealer hasn't received the car and they kept saying that it is on the road. Does it usually take that long - 6 days and counting?

I have been waiting so long and was hoping to drive her to work on the first day this year. :mad0259:

MonthOLDpickle

Ready to race!
Dude I TOTALLY had this happen to me. A week passed by and it still wasn't there and I had to leave for my vacation. It arrived 3 or so days in.

Its not normal, you better get compensated. Ask for them to pay for your first car payment.

I got lucky that the guy wanted a good review. He lowered price of car and did that.

mdashali

Ready to race!
Yeah! I pulled off a similar one with the dealer and he says that it has been shipped today and will be in tomorrow.

mdashali

Ready to race!
To be precise, the dealer had a list of cars coming to him and I just picked one that matched my requirement from the dealer order. I had to wait for almost a month.

I have seen elsewhere that it could take up to 3 months.

MonthOLDpickle

Ready to race!
Mine wasn't ordered.

They said it was at a dealer nearby. Than it was sent back to port in CA. Than it was on a truck from Texas.

mdashali

Ready to race!
At the end, did you figure out whether your car came from CA or TX?
It sucks the dealers try to make the buyer a fool and gives BS. Good that you were successful to screw them over in return.