GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Bill19751

Ready to race!
I replaced my spark plugs today. I bought the specialty tool from ECS Tuning to help disconnect the wiring harness from the coil packs. Unfortunately, it did not fit because of the shape of the plastic harness, so I had to use a small flat blade screwdriver (it works great on everything else though). Sure enough, two of the locking tabs broke off. Those stupid things frustrate me to no end. I had the same problem when I had my Passat. After a few years every single one had broken off.

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
I replaced my spark plugs today. I bought the specialty tool from ECS Tuning to help disconnect the wiring harness from the coil packs. Unfortunately, it did not fit because of the shape of the plastic harness, so I had to use a small flat blade screwdriver (it works great on everything else though). Sure enough, two of the locking tabs broke off. Those stupid things frustrate me to no end. I had the same problem when I had my Passat. After a few years every single one had broken off.

Does that affect it in any way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill19751

Ready to race!
Not really, it's just a cosmetic annoyance. The connectors are still secure, and the car runs fine. On my last car all 4 coil pack connectors had broken tabs as did the connector for the coolant level sensor but it never caused any real problem.

iAhhMaze

Go Kart Champion
I have stock coils I would swap with you. maybe even exhaust if your price was right. and I am local lol good luck finding many more locals

I was planning on leaving the springs, To much of a pain in the ass to do. Want the full turbo back or just Cat back?

newcarsmell

Go Kart Champion
AU Tuning install my new APR K04 kit, installed R8 Coils, Replaced my Neuspeed k03 turbo Discharge pipe with the neuspeed k04 pipe (AU tuning said the k04 pipe fit better).

APR's k04 powerband feels so linear and my car definitely feels more fun to drive than when stage 2. Feels like it drives around with much less effort than my stage 2 gti.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion

On top of world atm

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Gino

Ready to race!
AU Tuning install my new APR K04 kit, installed R8 Coils, Replaced my Neuspeed k03 turbo Discharge pipe with the neuspeed k04 pipe (AU tuning said the k04 pipe fit better).

APR's k04 powerband feels so linear and my car definitely feels more fun to drive than when stage 2. Feels like it drives around with much less effort than my stage 2 gti.

YAY! Another K04 in SoCal. Enjoy.

As for what I did today, I rolled over 90K.

MakiNn

Passed Driver's Ed
So after a while I finally finished my rear bumper set up for the time being while I search for a black R bumper. I ordered a center exhaust rear valance from the UK and installed it when the weather finally agreed to not be in the negatives for a high.

Over all I am really impressed with the outcome. and also the company I bought it from. I ordered it on Wednesday and that Friday it was at my door in MN, from London.

Here are a few pictures that I snapped after it was installed.

All installed and ready to go back on, I decided to take the rear bumper off to make fully sure everything was secured and wouldnt unclip.

Installed:

I was thinking of doing something about the rear red reflectors in the near future.

Gfish311

Passed Driver's Ed
anyone trade their mk6 in recently? I'm thinking of trading mine in and was wondering what real-world figures might look like? Mine is a 12 2dr with 52xxx miles. I'd expect somewhere between 10-12k...

2012TP

Drag Racing Champion
Rolled 60k. Swapped in new plugs and coil packs, despite them being in great shape. Also threw some fresh Motul in.