GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Heads Up Charlotte Area WVWHD7AJ1DW016718

Taiso0019

Ready to race!
I'm assuming you bought it used? Did they include a CarFax, if not, did you run the vin yourself?

But yeah.. you should just edit your first post to include all the details. This isn't Facebook, where you post about having a shitty day with just posting "ugh!!!!!", expecting people to guess.

Agreed bad OP. Yeah CarFax was clean when bought, ran the VIN looked clean. The dealership said they meant to tell us about the damage and didn't think when it showed on the CarFax it would be too damning...it was. They should have just disclosed it first thing.

I think the frame damage dealer is a worse offender. They may try to resell it and dupe someone else.

Its not with them anymore, but I figured whoever does try to sell it might play the stupid card too.

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
So how about you post the VIN so if a potential buyer searches Google, this thread might come up?

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Agreed bad OP. Yeah CarFax was clean when bought, ran the VIN looked clean. The dealership said they meant to tell us about the damage and didn't think when it showed on the CarFax it would be too damning...it was. They should have just disclosed it first thing.

Yeah, that's completed stealership BS!

Jaber

Modero
Well then. Don't blame you for jumping ship. Even if it's at a loss. Agree with posting VIN. I always google VIN #s when looking up potential cars.

The Canuck

Ready to race!
Doesn't CarFax have some sort of policy that if their report isn't correct, they correct it or do something for you monetarily? Maybe I am mixing it up with something else. But then again, if a dealership doesn't report it, I guess CarFax can't be held liable.

Either way, you have moved on. You are happy, and have provided information that hopefully a potential buyer in the future can use.

EastKingZ

Ready to race!
Doesn't CarFax have some sort of policy that if their report isn't correct, they correct it or do something for you monetarily? Maybe I am mixing it up with something else. But then again, if a dealership doesn't report it, I guess CarFax can't be held liable.

Either way, you have moved on. You are happy, and have provided information that hopefully a potential buyer in the future can use.

I think this is true but the qualifications are ridiculously hard to meet and they have straight up denied people even when they do from what i've read in the last 10 minutes.

Taiso0019

Ready to race!
I think this is true but the qualifications are ridiculously hard to meet and they have straight up denied people even when they do from what i've read in the last 10 minutes.

Yeah I did explore that avenue but it turns out CarFax does not even have a 1800 number for consumers...only for dealer services.

So, I came to the conclusion that the best course of action was to contact the dealership directly. Or talk to the Attorney General's office in NC since they have a whole process for cases where there was undisclosed damage during sales. Coincidentally, their recommendation is to also try to get the offending party to play nice first before contacting them. I think it was more of a matter of covering their own asses since they were clearly in the wrong but the seller (a Swedish car dealership) responded satisfactorily.

To those now reading this thread, yes as intoflatlines mentioned my initial post was terrible. Very badly structured/worded. Had a FOB moment.

Last edited:

blower

Ready to race!
I think I've got it!