GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HYDE16 - The Pag Parts EFR Turbo Kit

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Maybe I don't fully understand eurodyne yet, since I haven't done fueling changes yet myself. I see there is an injector constant, which you change. Are there some other tables as well that have to be changed when you change injectors?

I'll pm you dave. I'm trying to figure out what to do about fueling to get full e85 on my k04.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

DaveGLI

Ready to race!
Maybe I don't fully understand eurodyne yet, since I haven't done fueling changes yet myself. I see there is an injector constant, which you change. Are there some other tables as well that have to be changed when you change injectors?

I'll pm you dave. I'm trying to figure out what to do about fueling to get full e85 on my k04.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Feel free to PM Me, but the chances of you having sufficient fuel to do a full E85 file are highly unlikely especially on a K04.

You may be able to get away with a mix but its not something you actually want to do without some means of monitoring content. Regardless, it's a poor idea.

And yes, Eurodyne does have an injector constant that needs to be adjusted if you change out to a different DI Injector, and then as for port fuel adjustments you would need to do significant modifications to make the car integrate with it correctly, which is mostly a large majority of MAF adjustments.

It's not as simple as it sounds...

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Did you ever get a chance to dyno the car? Please post some #'s please.

Dyno coming up this winter. Car has been apart for the Walbro 450 custom LPFP basket, custom headlights, port fuel meth changes and a few smaller updates. By next weekend the car should be on the ground and ready to road test the following:
-headlight lighting controls
-direct port meth layout (check for leaks)
-port fuel injector output with the new Walbro 450 LPFP
-new Eurodyne file with 27psi peak and higher timing (this will be my 93 octane pump gas file I'll look to dyno)

Only problem is the cold snap we are in. RE-71Rs do not like sub-freezing roads.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
A few updates through the rainy end of winter here in NJ before I build my 02Q MWS Beetle trans, dyno and E85 tune on warmer streets... all photos on IG @becauseHYDE16

Switched to Motul Sport ester oil for the built engine.

Finished stage 2 progressive direct port methanol layout with Torqbyte control.

Took my daughter to our first daddy daughter dance in the GTI at her request.

Working with @go2customs on custom headlights.

Removed and sold off my custom sub and amp combo for weight reduction and less wiring running alongside my Torqbyte wiring.

Next up, Beetle trans build, final dyno on street 93 pump tune (27psi and 15 degrees of timing) then on to E85 tuning in Spring. Debating on installing or selling new SuperPro ball joints and front and rear end links.

Joveen

Ready to race!
Why Beetle trans? Trying to understand the purpose. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Are you going to be running full e85 or a blend? Eventually I want to run a pretty similar setup and am trying to figure out how much extra fueling I'll need.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Why Beetle trans? Trying to understand the purpose. Thanks.

Big turbo GTI's have moved to Beetle transmissions to hold power, the longer gear ratio seems to hand the torque better and also increases top speed in 3rd and 4th (the only gears that really matter).

Are you going to be running full e85 or a blend? Eventually I want to run a pretty similar setup and am trying to figure out how much extra fueling I'll need.

I run larger primary DI injectors in addition to two 1,000cc port fuel injectors. I'll see how far I can stretch the port injectors. If I can't get to full E85 I may swap the port injectors to 1,600cc injectors. To be honest, I think past an E50-E60 blend won't net any more power.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Yea I plan on larger di injectors as well. I'd rather go full e85 even without power gains just so I don't have to worry about getting the blend right. If I have the extra port injectors are they always on or only when needed? Say if I was running a 93 tune that the regular DI ones could handle.

Joveen

Ready to race!
What year beetle would you get the Trans from? Would this be applicable on mk7's also? Thanks Hyde you the man.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Yea I plan on larger di injectors as well. I'd rather go full e85 even without power gains just so I don't have to worry about getting the blend right. If I have the extra port injectors are they always on or only when needed? Say if I was running a 93 tune that the regular DI ones could handle.

I'll be testing this over spring. The port fuel injectors will be on at idle and up so as to not upset the rail pressure during boost onset.

What year beetle would you get the Trans from? Would this be applicable on mk7's also? Thanks Hyde you the man.

I don't think so.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
A few updates through the rainy end of winter here in NJ before I build my 02Q MWS Beetle trans, dyno and E85 tune on warmer streets... all photos on IG @becauseHYDE16

Switched to Motul Sport ester oil for the built engine.

Finished stage 2 progressive direct port methanol layout with Torqbyte control.

Took my daughter to our first daddy daughter dance in the GTI at her request.

Working with @go2customs on custom headlights.

Removed and sold off my custom sub and amp combo for weight reduction and less wiring running alongside my Torqbyte wiring.

Next up, Beetle trans build, final dyno on street 93 pump tune (27psi and 15 degrees of timing) then on to E85 tuning in Spring. Debating on installing or selling new SuperPro ball joints and front and rear end links.

Surprised your headlights came out decent looking since go2customs/Russel did trash work on mine. Did nothing but fed me a bunch of lies.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I'll be testing this over spring. The port fuel injectors will be on at idle and up so as to not upset the rail pressure during boost onset.

I don't think so.
Definitely post updates as you get them if possible. Very interested in the results, also looking forwards to the Dyno numbers.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Drivetrain upgrades completed to really turn up the power: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2379799&postcount=6

-Found a 2012 “MWS” 6-speed Beetle transmission with 25K miles on it at a local junk yard
-Opened the transmission, inspected internals, everything looked brand new
-Degreased the case, masked off all areas for sensors/seals/axles
-Painted 3 coats of self-etching primer and 3 coats of VHT wrinkle black thanks to advice from U-20t
-Opened my “KZS” 6-speed GTI transmission to remove the Peloquin LSD and steel shift forks
-Built the Beetle transmission with Peloquin LSD, 1-2 & 3-4 steel shift forks, TyrolSport x ARP 02Q case bolts
-Decided not to install the Darkside Developments 02M / 02Q 5th - 6th Selector Fork Reinforcement Kit (FOR SALE)
-Reused my Clutchmasters FX400 and NLS TOB shims
-Sent my DieselGeek Sigma 6-Speed Short Shift Kit out to be rebuilt inclusive of the latest black slider
-Installed the 42DD Shifter Cable Support Bracket after discovering that my shifter cables were burning
-Moved back to the original plastic shift cable bracket after finding that my MK4 metal shift bracket caused the cables to bind and that the 42DD Shifter Cable Support Bracket would not align with the bolt holes
-Installed a fresh TyrolSport Solid Shifter Bracket Bushing Kit (SSBB)
-Installed the DieselGeek High Performance VW Shifter Shaft Bushing Kit which made a big difference with my Raceseng Circuit Series shift knob
-Removed the TurboSmart Kompact VAG II Plumb Back Diverter Valve (FOR SALE) and installed the latest OEM diverter valve
-Switched from Motul Sport Ester 5W-50 (fall/winter) to 5W-40 for spring/summer

Now I’m ready for Spring so I can get a few more logs on the new Walbro 450 then dyno the 93 octane file. After that, straight to E85.

Last edited: