GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WOT Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

branman1

Drag Racing Champion
So I have a few questions...

What happens if you miss your shift? Every once in a while it happens and I don't want to float a valve or anything having fun.

How hard is this to install?

I am really interested in doing this for NLS but I am hesitant as I know how many things I break on my project bug when I beat on it and my R is my daily...

It's no different from any other time you miss a shift really. I have missed a few times at the track and no issues at all.

Install is pretty simple. It will probably take the average DIYer a couple hours. You will also need to solder these wires.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy this. I use it all the time just playing around on the street and its a must at the track. It feels incredible holding 20psi between shifts.

branman1

Drag Racing Champion
wotbox or not, a money shift can happen either way.

I kinda disagree somewhat. You cannot do the same type of shift without hurting your transmission synchros. I mean yeah you can get a nice shift but you will not be able to hold boost unless you flat shift which will like I said hurt your trans.

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
No I haven't...I been driving stick for 15 years power shifting as much as I wanted to without problem ever. Sure I have missed shifts but nothing ever broke from it. The only thing the box does is make power shifting easier on the clutch and still unless you are only bringing the rpms up to say 3k in first then let it rev out to 6 or 7k and bang 2nd its not putting any real hard work on the clutch. And yes I did enjoy doing that in my mustangs and M3. Its not as much fun with fwd so I dont do that in my VWs

But as far as power shifting at redline into 2nd and 3rd and 4th I do when Im drag racing and again still no problems

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
Im having trouble understanding...are you saying what Im saying that I have done cannot in fact be done?

I just wanna see your power shifting techniques. Where your trans shifts smoothly. And you don't over rev by not letting off the gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.