GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unsteady idle after USRT Throttle Body Spacer Install

ArcsandSparks

Ready to race!
Installed a USRT TB spacer in preparation for a water/methanol injection install.

Since installing the TB spacer- the car won't stay running without being fed throttle and will stall without it.

Before it stalls it makes a squealing noise. Only connector I removed is the throttle body connector.

Obviously removed the rubber inlet pipe.

Any ideas? Sounds like a leak somewhere to me but I've checked everything several times.

drepai

Go Kart Champion
There's a green gasket that sits on your intake manifold and seals it on the spacer - the spacer has a black o ring that seals it to the tb. I bet one of the gaskets came loose while you were installing it. It's an easy mistake to make, I had to use super glue to keep them in place. Take everything apart and check it out.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
There's a green gasket that sits on your intake manifold and seals it on the spacer - the spacer has a black o ring that seals it to the tb. I bet one of the gaskets came loose while you were installing it. It's an easy mistake to make, I had to use super glue to keep them in place. Take everything apart and check it out.

more than likely this is the problem..... my o ring kept coming out of place while I tried fastening it down as it just sits in the spacer freely. I finally managed to balance everything and get it to seat properly. Maybe I should have tried to glue method like you lol

Shwizzle

Ready to race!
That or u pinched the gasket. Spray some brake clean around there if it's leaking vac should rev up. Also make sure the plug is fully sealed. Does it have Teflon tape on it?

ArcsandSparks

Ready to race!
Pulled the spacer and the throttle body and checked everything out; the o-ring had come out of its groove and unmetered air was being pulled in between the TB spacer and the TB.

Set everything in place and made sure it stayed that way during reinstallation and everything is working perfectly. Thanks for the help gents.

Charlotte CC

Ready to race!

you should use automotive grease or Vaseline to hold a rubber o-ring in place.

drepai

Go Kart Champion
Tried grease, it kept falling out. I was fed up with it at that point.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk