GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K04 supporting mods

Zonaglxy

Ready to race!
Motor mounts are a must id say. Dogbone, transmission and engine mounts.

This. I just installed engine/transmission mounts and dogbone insert after being K04 for almost 2 years. Definitely one of the best supporting mods I've done, wish I did it sooner!!

Last edited:

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
I just got the dsg tune recently an honestly im going to go get the dsg flashed back an get a refund not really pleased with it but i also only drive it in Manual mode really.

tsmack

Ready to race!
I just got the dsg tune recently an honestly im going to go get the dsg flashed back an get a refund not really pleased with it but i also only drive it in Manual mode really.

Was this for the K04? What didn't you like? Also, the fact you can try with a money back option is enticing to see what you are possibly missing.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Was this for the K04? What didn't you like? Also, the fact you can try with a money back option is enticing to see what you are possibly missing.

It was both for stage 2 an ko4 i just got my ko4 installed last week. so i got the updated dsg tune for the ko4. Honestly i dont ever drive the car in S or D i have maybe a total of 5 times owning the car in 3 yrs. As for shifting it is smoother an there isnt really a kick back down shifting. Its nice but without the tune the dsg doesnt shift or down shift horribly. I had launch control set at 2800rpm.. but for some reason L/c doesnt work in my car i have the esc an esp fully disabled so t/c is completely off an yet L/c still wont work so... i dont know the issue there... Thats what i did i ended up getting the tune as a spur of the moment purchase tested it out with in mind i could get a refund. For the 600 bucks its not all that worth it to me for the small benefits. But thats just my opinion thats all my dsg tune was Apr..

So, I've been doing some research. I know that to go k04 you need the downpipe, cai, fmic and the turbo kit.

I use max performance summer tires like pole positions or pss. My question though is, what kind of suspension mods are more or less required in order to properly harness the increased power of k04, if any.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Now that you have a list of parts. If you need help finding any parts give us a call or check out our website! We can get you right where you want to be. Plus orders over $100 get free shipping! :thumbup:

http://www.etektuning.com/golf-mkvi-2010-to-2014/