GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Am I doing this right?

madbikes

Ready to race!
I've just installed the APR-Carbonio intake. The stupid silicon hose took me the longest when it shouldn't be.

A couple questions. Is the hose that goes onto the intake supposed to be inserted all the way in? There is little room for me to twist and shove it in. I also heard a loud whistle noise upon start up. Is that normal.

Thanks

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
The little hose doesn't quite go all the way in, I fought for a while with that. The noise could be because you had your hood open and just aren't used to how loud it is. The intake will be a little louder than stock, especially above 3,000RPM. You will love it though

madbikes

Ready to race!
Funny. The instruction says I have to shove the hose as far into the hole on the intake as possible. There is almost no give to turn the hose to go inside the hole.

Lucidentropy

Ready to race!
Quick question - don't want to hijack the thread or anything - but I'm about to get this intake for my 2.5L myself, did you need any special tools? I'm fairly newbish when it comes to working under the hood.

Wowzer1

Channel locks or pliers, t20 torx, 6 pack, screwdriver, a drill for the self tapping screw and a good jack. I didn't take the tire off but I did use the jack to lift the car up for more working room. I found turning the wheel to the left gave me enough room.

madbikes

Ready to race!
HI, I live in SF also, and I heard all the Golf 2.5 in CA need the Secondary Air Breather Filter, is it true?

Yes sir! The bigger hose is for the secondary air injection (SAI). The pump only runs for like 15-20 seconds during cold starts. It sucks lots of air that it will sound like someone blowing a whistle really loud. Putting the filter on that hose filters the dirt (a good idea).

madbikes

Ready to race!
It doesn't really look secure but it will be. It's a really tight fit.

I ended up used a bit driver to make the hose jump the gap on the throttle body end.