GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Exhaust tips for the 2.5L

scoobasteve11

Ready to race!
Its time to finally get my exhaust made. Getting it straight piped and am looking for an exhaust tip that is dual but does not require a Y pipe. It seems almost impossible to find any that dont look like shit. Want something simple and clean. No ricy square or turned up. Anyone have any links to help me out?

jaja123

Ready to race!
Its time to finally get my exhaust made. Getting it straight piped and am looking for an exhaust tip that is dual but does not require a Y pipe. It seems almost impossible to find any that dont look like shit. Want something simple and clean. No ricy square or turned up. Anyone have any links to help me out?

I would throw in at least one inline muffler. Trust me, you will be amused at first and then it just becomes stupid. The rasp it made was soooo loud I wonder how I did not go deaf when I floored in in a tunnel with the windows down. The rasp was piecing and I felt my ears compress. You will sound more like a ricer. It was one of the loudest things I heard in person and I have been to my fair shared or car meets and events. Go look on amazon, there are plenty of simple dual round tips.

scoobasteve11

Ready to race!
I would throw in at least one inline muffler. Trust me, you will be amused at first and then it just becomes stupid. The rasp it made was soooo loud I wonder how I did not go deaf when I floored in in a tunnel with the windows down. The rasp was piecing and I felt my ears compress. You will sound more like a ricer. It was one of the loudest things I heard in person and I have been to my fair shared or car meets and events. Go look on amazon, there are plenty of simple dual round tips.

Thanks for the info. Doin it in stages to find the sound I like. First deleting the suitcase and adding a glass pac to see how it sounds. Hoping the pac will reduce the raspyness. It will be a work in progress for a while but I think that setup should get me close to the tone I want without causing unwanted attention from the cops.

jaja123

Ready to race!
Thanks for the info. Doin it in stages to find the sound I like. First deleting the suitcase and adding a glass pac to see how it sounds. Hoping the pac will reduce the raspyness. It will be a work in progress for a while but I think that setup should get me close to the tone I want without causing unwanted attention from the cops.

Thats what I did. A suitcase delete by itself was very mild. It sounded good and was still reasonably quiet. This is mine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2XZiNp2nsY

I then took out the resonator and did not notice much difference. And then I took out the muffler before the suitcase(close to the left rear wheel) which effectively made it a straight pipe. Check out my other vids on my channel. I have videos of my golf with straight pipe, magnaflow and now I have magnaflow and usp catted midpipe. Soon to get another catback thats quieter.

scoobasteve11

Ready to race!
Thats what I did. A suitcase delete by itself was very mild. It sounded good and was still reasonably quiet. This is mine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2XZiNp2nsY

I then took out the resonator and did not notice much difference. And then I took out the muffler before the suitcase(close to the left rear wheel) which effectively made it a straight pipe. Check out my other vids on my channel. I have videos of my golf with straight pipe, magnaflow and now I have magnaflow and usp catted midpipe. Soon to get another catback thats quieter.

Awesome ill check those out when I get on my computer thanks!
Found an awesome tip on amazon too thanks again

scoobasteve11

Ready to race!
maybe it will be good. Its gonna be loud though. Although my car is still loud. Check out my vid with the usp midpipe with high flow cat.

Yeah def loud still. Where did you get your set up from? If this doesnt work Ill still be looking for a cheaper set up than AWE.