GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Question about engine-trans mounts

lacesoutvic

Passed Driver's Ed
Just eyeballing and comparing BFI's mounts and 034's mounts, I think they should be fine for the 5-speed and tiptronic auto transmissions. I bought a set (auto trans) so we'll find out soon enough hahah.

Looks like the 6-speed/DSG mounts have an additional bolt hole, looks trident-ish. But the side bolt holes may be the same dimensions...

FlowMK6

Ready to race!
I think the additional bolt hole in the middle of the BFI automatic mount is for the DSG, since 2.5 doesn't have DSG, 034Motorsport only put 3 holes, and the one in the middle is for the automatic one, I think the mount fit for both, the manual would need only 2 bolts while the automatic needs 3.

That's only a guess and I hope I'm right, otherwise I'm fucked ^^ I will tell you in a few hours once installation is done ;)

FlowMK6

Ready to race!
Mounts are installed, the trans mount fitted on the manual transmission, engine doesn't move at all even at 7000rpm, also I don't feel any vibration, it's smooth, I love it, definitely a good purchase, I will install the dogbone and the insert once I receive it ;)

Edit: On reverse, there is more vibration on the friction point. But seriously, comfort isn't affected.

Last edited: