GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Question for Arizona VW'ers

Derek_77

Passed Driver's Ed
Im thinking about moving to AZ from NH in about 3 months. My car is completely black and I am worried that the Arizona sun in the summer will be too much for my car. I mostly worry about a sagging headliner and fading paint (after time). I had problems with my headliner on my MK4 in NH's heat and AZ is brutal from what Ive heard. Is it worth doing a wrap on my car in a lighter color? Thanks for the advice

Off topic:
I did visit Phoenix back in November for about a week and its a nice place. Not enough greenery between the lack of trees and grass though for this NH boy.

Double's Dub

Ready to race!
Im thinking about moving to AZ from NH in about 3 months. My car is completely black and I am worried that the Arizona sun in the summer will be too much for my car. I mostly worry about a sagging headliner and fading paint (after time). I had problems with my headliner on my MK4 in NH's heat and AZ is brutal from what Ive heard. Is it worth doing a wrap on my car in a lighter color? Thanks for the advice

Off topic:
I did visit Phoenix back in November for about a week and its a nice place. Not enough greenery between the lack of trees and grass though for this NH boy.

It will be fine, just make it a habit to wax/seal every 4 or 5 months. I've had my gti for going on 5 years without any problems relating to heat (i.e headliner sag, interior degradation, etc). Tucson isn't much cooler, so it's similar in temp to Phoenix

Pasteechef

Try not to park in the direct sunlight as well. If you have a garage or a shaded area, it always helps. The upside is the other 7 to 8 months of incredible weather.