GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ross-Tech....no more unlimited vin's??

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
Am I reading this correctly?? They now limit you up to 10 vin's with the HEX-V2, which replaced the Micro and HEX-CAN. So I assume us guys with micro and hex-can are grandfathered in and continue to have unlimited vin usage even after updating the vcds software to the latest version?

The only way to get unlimited vin's is to upgrade to the HEX-NET Pro going for a paltry $599!

Last edited:

-SnowmanMafia-

Passed Driver's Ed
I mean I don't blame Ross Tech for going this route.

How many shops do you think bought the Micro-Can with unlimited VINs and use it every. single. day.

He's gotta keep his company afloat and this makes sense.

The average home user can buy the 200 dollar cable and use it on their car, their 2nd car and their kids car.

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
I would imagine that our micro and hex-can cable should be worth a few more bucks now! But I don't blame ross-tech for going that route. I just hope WE don't get affected by it and continue to enjoy unlimited vin's.

ferrariF601

Ready to race!
sweeeeeeeeeeet the price of my hex can just went way up. I think I need to start charging more than $20 for vagcom stuff too :laugh:

mine too.....whooohooooo....not to mention i got it second hand like 3 years back for a STEAL

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
i bought the new cable.. it works great..
I bought the 3 vin model.. and used it on my car which is a mk6 and it married the vin (1/3) and then we used it on my brothers mk4 and it never married or even asked to marry and so it still only has 1 vin being used.

Not sure but i like it.. cant really compare it to the old one as i never had/used that before.

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
I'm sure the new and old cables work exactly the same, with the exception of unlimited vin's.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I'm sure the new and old cables work exactly the same, with the exception of unlimited vin's.

I think i read somewhere that the new ones are like 30% more efficient... whatever that means.

Uberryan

Banned
I think i read somewhere that the new ones are like 30% more efficient... whatever that means.

Couldn't really mean much of anything. You're just using it to access the port and the software to translate the port's data on your PC screen. Efficiency is irrelevant unless it means measurements etc, which I find hard to believe since the readouts are already within minute fractions of 100 percentile.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Couldn't really mean much of anything. You're just using it to access the port and the software to translate the port's data on your PC screen. Efficiency is irrelevant unless it means measurements etc, which I find hard to believe since the readouts are already within minute fractions of 100 percentile.
maybe they are 30% more efficient in processing them(the actual cable) so Greener/more energy conscious? lol

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
If I had to guess I would say the PC/interface operates quicker....sorry that does nothing for me!!!!

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Im not sure.. all i know is i scanned my mk6 gti and it took 48 seconds for the auto scan to complete.

We then hooked it up to my brothers mk4 jetta and it took like 8 minutes to complete auto scan because it went through every module because his car doesnt relay the modules it actually has so the program has to scan for ever module.