GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

deAutoKey rocks

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
What is the idea behind not wanting to warranty a gift? If it is your product, then why does it matter who bought it?

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
What is the idea behind not wanting to warranty a gift? If it is your product, then why does it matter who bought it?

Our warranty policy does warranty gifts:
http://deautokey.com/warranty-policy

Simply contact us after purchase with email/name of the person you are giving the gift to, it cannot be changed after.

However, we never warranty anything that is bought second-hand from someone who originally purchased our product, we only warranty the original purchase per our lifetime warranty.

We made mention of this to you through email but also said we WOULD warranty the product under our lifetime warranty and to ship it back for a replacement.

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
Our warranty policy does warranty gifts:

Simply contact us after purchase with email/name of the person you are giving the gift to, it cannot be changed after.

However, we never warranty anything that is bought second-hand from someone who originally purchased our product, we only warranty the original purchase per our lifetime warranty.

We made mention of this to you through email but also said we WOULD warranty the product under our lifetime warranty and to ship it back for a replacement.

Let me start by saying your customer service is prompt. I am grateful that you are taking care of me.

The caveat I have is the gift/second hand policy. I have never heard of a gift voiding a warranty. It was in fact a gift, as in it was bought for me and given to me, unopened brand new, and without me paying for it. The lights are still on the original purchase. It was not bought by someone, put on their vehicle for a specific amount of time, then sold to me used. I mean they were bought 5 months ago, and I sent you the receipt. If a product does not last for 5 months, then one should warranty it regardless of how many people it went through. I'm not implying you have terrible products. I understand there are defects.

If we would have known there needed to be an exchange of the warranty within 7 days, then the buyer would have done so at that time. It is a bit far fetched to assume someone buying a gift for another would read the Lifetime Warranty details. I would like to see the details about gifting added to the product page as I believe it is pertinent info.

I want to finish by saying, I have had a quick and productive experience with Deautokey. My issue is not with the product or the customer service.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Let me start by saying your customer service is prompt. I am grateful that you are taking care of me.

The caveat I have is the gift/second hand policy. I have never heard of a gift voiding a warranty. It was in fact a gift, as in it was bought for me and given to me, unopened brand new, and without me paying for it. The lights are still on the original purchase. It was not bought by someone, put on their vehicle for a specific amount of time, then sold to me used. I mean they were bought 5 months ago, and I sent you the receipt. If a product does not last for 5 months, then one should warranty it regardless of how many people it went through. I'm not implying you have terrible products. I understand there are defects.

If we would have known there needed to be an exchange of the warranty within 7 days, then the buyer would have done so at that time. It is a bit far fetched to assume someone buying a gift for another would read the Lifetime Warranty details. I would like to see the details about gifting added to the product page as I believe it is pertinent info.

I want to finish by saying, I have had a quick and productive experience with Deautokey. My issue is not with the product or the customer service.

Thanks for the follow-up, kind words and your feedback as we will look into making this more clear but we can only warranty items made from the original purchaser or a warranty that is transferred after purchase.

And it is not common for the fogs to go out after 5 months and the first time we seen it, we had these installed in cars for years.
It could be many factors that can cause this, your issue is that one is dimmer than the other so we have to look into if it is a car's voltage, the actual LEDs and ballast.

Once we receive more information we will help you with a new bulb.

Our policy also states that shipping for any HID/LED headlight/fog kit warranties is covered by the customer so we are not here to try to hide or make our policy hard to understand, it is all clearly stated in one area:

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the follow-up, kind words and your feedback as we will look into making this more clear but we can only warranty items made from the original purchaser or a warranty that is transferred after purchase.

And it is not common for the fogs to go out after 5 months and the first time we seen it, we had these installed in cars for years.
It could be many factors that can cause this, your issue is that one is dimmer than the other so we have to look into if it is a car's voltage, the actual LEDs and ballast.

Once we receive more information we will help you with a new bulb.

Our policy also states that shipping for any HID/LED headlight/fog kit warranties is covered by the customer so we are not here to try to hide or make our policy hard to understand, it is all clearly stated in one area:

Yea I got you. I do not believe someone would take away an understanding of you trying to muddy the waters, so to speak, on your warranty through this exchange. I believe this could have been avoided if there was a disclaimer somewhere on the product page, or checkout stating the gift policy, so this doesn't happen to other people. I'm guessing this particular situation isn't a huge problem with you guys and other people would have let the situation go after you stated you would warranty the item anyway. It does, however, catch me off guard that I have a product that could have a legit lifetime warranty on it, and does not, only because of a lack of knowledge prior to the product being purchased.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Yea I got you. I do not believe someone would take away an understanding of you trying to muddy the waters, so to speak, on your warranty through this exchange. I believe this could have been avoided if there was a disclaimer somewhere on the product page, or checkout stating the gift policy, so this doesn't happen to other people. I'm guessing this particular situation isn't a huge problem with you guys and other people would have let the situation go after you stated you would warranty the item anyway. It does, however, catch me off guard that I have a product that could have a legit lifetime warranty on it, and does not, only because of a lack of knowledge prior to the product being purchased.

We never had the issue before and most will email us to transfer warranty with 7 days or ask if they are buying it as a gift as many warranties only pertain to the original purchaser or if you register the product with the company.

We are helping you through email and said we would warranty the item already prior to your post but understand you are trying to tell others about your experience.

We don't mind having this information out here because another part of our warranty is if you bought this second-hand from someone else we NEVER warranty that and won't break our policy to warranty a product not purchased directly from us.

But, so everyone knows, if you bought the product from us the warranty process is quick and painless and we are always here to help.

Thank you

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
Any plans to support Mercedes? I wish you had your kits available for Mercedes like you do for VW.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Any plans to support Mercedes? I wish you had your kits available for Mercedes like you do for VW.

We do have our LEDs in many Mercedes - photo of a customer who has our LEDs - if you email Support@deAutoLED.com with the info of the bulbs you require they can get you setup.

Thank you

Last edited:

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
omg that looks amazing. i have the same interior..i'll be sending an email shortly :)

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
I had a LED turn signal that stopped working. I emailed deAutokey hoping they could repair it or something. I sent it back and they sent me a replacement....how's that for customer service!

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
I had a LED turn signal that stopped working. I emailed deAutokey hoping they could repair it or something. I sent it back and they sent me a replacement....how's that for customer service!

Thank you for the feedback, our warranty is fair and quick for our customers.

Thanks again for the feedback, we appreciate it.