GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ventureshield Ultra vs 3M Scotchguard?

lucky01

Im looking to protect my new GTI but undecided which PPF. I have contacted two shops, one sells 3M Scotchguard and the other sells Ventureshield Ultra. Price difference is pretty much equal, only $30 dollar difference.

I been told by one installer that Ventureshield Ultra is a better PPF than 3M Scotchguard. Also, given that my colour is CW, i'll be more satisfied with the outcome.

Could someone please help me decide which one to pick? I am planning to keep my car for the long-run, so durability is very important.

I heard 3M has clear coat? Does Ventureshield Ultra as well?

Sorry for all the questions, any comparison between the two will be helpful.

Thanks.

BrianWithGolf

Ready to race!
No one around here likes clear bras bro sorry.

We like our cars like we like our women... Bras off.

(They are pretty much the exact same product I don't think it will matter too much I would go with the 3M clear coat)

theunderlord

Ready to race!
No one around here likes clear bras bro sorry.
We like our cars like we like our women... Bras off.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

'sactly. save your money.

pjp98z

Generally, Scotchguard is regarded as more durable while Ventureshield has less orange peel texture. Don't agree to an install until you visually see what the film looks like and how it holds up to the elements. Ask for a demo. Any confident installer will show you what they can offer.

vagkraft.com

Ready to race!
I have both installed on my cars, to be honest I like the 3M product better. It seems to aged better over the years better than VS.

fredf

Go Kart Champion
I'm not expert but my reading leads me to believe that the Venturshield is a bit more transparent and looks nice at first.
Some people complain about orange peeling on the 3M product, but if applied properly it is less likely.
The 3M will look better after several years, though.

On balance, I would go 3M unless you only care about the first 3 years.

bgp_tdi

I've got ventureshield installed on mine and I'm quite happy with it. Got it done by: http://www.advancedmobilegroup.net and they came to my place to install it.

I don't think you can really go wrong with either one as long as it's installed properly and it comes with a good warranty. Also, chances are that several years from now, the film will show signs of road debris anyway.

lucky01

I've got ventureshield installed on mine and I'm quite happy with it. Got it done by: http://www.advancedmobilegroup.net and they came to my place to install it.

I don't think you can really go wrong with either one as long as it's installed properly and it comes with a good warranty. Also, chances are that several years from now, the film will show signs of road debris anyway.

How much did it cost you?

vagkraft.com

Ready to race!

Marco does offer both 3M and VS product