GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Which Brand of Tyre to choose ?

Imochi

Just hit 25000 kms and noticed that I need two front tyres pretty soon (courtesy of Revo Stage 1). Rear tyres have about 40% tread left, but I thought I'd use my December bonus to fork out for a full set of tyres.

Currently have Contis sport contact and I thought they were pretty good. Does anyone have experience with other brands or a particular brand preference. Heard Goodyear F1 Asymmetrics were excellent. Thoughts ?

ryanrich1

Ready to race!
Yeah I'd go for the F1 Asymmetric or Michelin Pilot Sport 3. Freakin expensive though.

Imochi

Thanks for the advice bro. I heard the F1A is pretty good but my question is: Is it worth the extra cash? I am inclined to just settle for conti's again. Hope someone has some experience and can shed more light on the topic.

aslam

I dont see anything wrong with the Hankook Ventus V12, I will be going that route when it is time to replace mine.

ryanrich1

Ready to race!
Thanks for the advice bro. I heard the F1A is pretty good but my question is: Is it worth the extra cash? I am inclined to just settle for conti's again. Hope someone has some experience and can shed more light on the topic.

I had Conti SC2's on my GTI 4, Audi A4, Audi A3 and now GTI and have never had an issue with them. I see most people moan that they don't handle well and have very soft side walls, but I've never had a bad experience, so might also just stick with them again considering the cost. I don't really want to spend R11k on tires unless it's a massive improvement...

Have also heard pretty good things about the Hankook's that aslam has mentioned.

darian

Ready to race!
If you want a new 4 piece set you can got for F1A, PS3s or better Pilot Supersport (new model), Ventus are very good also.

It would be cheaper to get just 2 new contis for the front and keep the back as they are at 40%.

AXO

Go Kart Champion
Michelin Super Sports!

kev0

Ready to race!
Quite happy with the Bridgestone Potenzas that I have one mine, Have conti's on my alfa also pretty good

Ridwaan87

I've got Yokohama S drives on my Golf 6, pretty impressed with them. Had Achilles on my G5, no issues whatsoever.

Be sure to take out tyre insurance from Tiger wheel and Tyre (for example). cost me around R185-00 once off to insure all four tyres. Well worth it on my opinion.

kev0

Ready to race!
There new tyres mad for potholes lol Made by Goodyear, worth a try considering our roads.