GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Update on my GTI

lawgdawg

Ready to race!
It's been a while since I posted on here, so here's what has happened lately.

I saved all of my money up and bought a Stage III kit, it is incredible. Well worth the money. I still don't have full 3" exhaust though, does anyone know any 3" exhaust besides the APR exhaust?

Also for Christmas yesterday, my parents surprised me with new OZ Alleggerita wheels. Here's a pic.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 709

Quoddy

Ready to race!
Nice looking wheels, and the R32's behind them look good, too. I'm trying to decide whether to go for them or the Brembo's. My Stage III plan for the spring is now off since I think I'm now going to stick with the K04 setup.

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion

APdubbin

Ready to race!
Check out Neuspeed, Im lookin at their new exhaust and they usually have quaity stuff.

lawgdawg

Ready to race!
Thanks for all the exhaust input.
but yes, those are stock brakes.

Quoddy

Ready to race!
Yes, those are stock brakes.
Must have been an optical illusion because I run 19" wheels. When I first looked at the photo I thought they looked closer to 328's.

dsm1983

Go Kart Champion
lawgdawg,
Gotta give you mad props here for your GTI. You sir, have both the wheels AND big turbo kit that I wanted.
I predict good things for the future of your build.
Next thing I'd do is color-match the side markers and black out the red grille stripes. Reason being, with the yellow fogs it looks slightly "busy" in the front.

lawgdawg

Ready to race!
lawgdawg,
Gotta give you mad props here for your GTI. You sir, have both the wheels AND big turbo kit that I wanted.
I predict good things for the future of your build.
Next thing I'd do is color-match the side markers and black out the red grille stripes. Reason being, with the yellow fogs it looks slightly "busy" in the front.

you read my mind. those are the next things I have in mind. and a carbon fiber hood, I just can't decide whether I would get a hood without the VW emblem indention. I am thinking about getting a shaved golf grille, not gti.

dsm1983

Go Kart Champion
you read my mind. those are the next things I have in mind. and a carbon fiber hood, I just can't decide whether I would get a hood without the VW emblem indention. I am thinking about getting a shaved golf grille, not gti.

Then thought you might like to know, Parts4Euro confirmed with me that they CAN get a notchless CF hood from OSIR, even though it's not offered on their site.

lawgdawg

Ready to race!