GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2012 Shadow Blue Metallic GTI Slow Build

12bluemk6

Ready to race!
Hey guys,

Thought I should start this up because it will be a nice place to organize my thoughts/build progress.

Micellaneous :

Center Vent Boost Gauge - (X)
Shit coilovers

Engine/Trans:

Unitronic Stage 1 tune
Unitronic Stage 2 tune
SPM Downpipe
Rev D DV
Magnaflow Catback
S3 IC
NGK platinums and R8 coilpacks
DieselGeek Short Shifter
034 Engine/trans mounts
HPA Red Puck
CM FX350 clutch kit

Cosmetic:

Color Changing Footwells - (X)
Interior LED lighting(deAutoKey) - (X)
License Plate LED's - (X)
Lamin-X Tail Covers(Smoke) - (X)
Seat Lever Inserts - (X)

Day after I bought her...

How she sits(from a distance because she's very dirty right now lol)

Last edited:

12bluemk6

Ready to race!
Decent pic from my phone...

Installed seat lever inserts and they don't fit perfectly. Have to figure out a way to fix that...

Cleaned her today!!

Hope to install lamin-x tail light tint if it gets warm out but I don't think I'll be able to any time soon.

Last edited:

parangatang

Another minor cosmetic thing you could do is replace or paint over the sidemarkers

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Welcome! Looks like you've got some good plans!

12bluemk6

Ready to race!
Another minor cosmetic thing you could do is replace or paint over the sidemarkers

I was thinking about that. Not sure if i will just go with a light tint or what. I just got my Lamin-X tail covers in will post pics after install...

I did the lightest tint they have because the last thing I need is to get pulled over for it, and the cops around here aren't always the coolest.

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Holy crap. Seriously? That's next to nothing I could prob make 200$ if I sold my Detroit's and bought something like those Lmao.

Yeah, they've been awesome so far and they're a little lighter than detroits. I'd recommend them!

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie

12bluemk6

Ready to race!
So I figured my car could use some seafoam...

Did it and proceeded to smoke out the gas station next to my apt. Oops.

Anyway, misfiring cyl 2+3 codes, went ahead and picked up these babies... Figured I'd need them soon anyway!

Read that seafoam likes to foul plugs... Maybe I'll save the old ones for next time I want to do it

Last edited: