GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Want to buy a 13 GTI 4dr DSG, please advice

Hi guys,

I came across this 2013 gti base with sunroof and conv 28k miles.
http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/631497304/overview/
I went to the dealership last week, and they were not willing to negotiate the price, only lower 200 or 300 dollars, they said it is the lowest in this area.

I also noticed that the car maybe a demo car before the first owner since it got 5000 miles before the first owner register it.

Please advice how to the get the price lower?:cool::cool:

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
Not sure how you get a lower price. If the dealer is going to stand firm there isn't much you can do. You can try waiting a bit & see if they than will move off their price. If it is the car you want you risk someone else buying it before you.

I think this car looks good, the miles are higher than the one I bought, but this one has more features than mine so maybe that's a wash. You are getting a pretty nice warranty with it as a VW CPO. If the car is as nice as it shows in the pictures I'd buy it.

Welcome to the forum & good luck.

dead_catz

Ready to race!
i bought basically same package in dec 2013 brand new with a 3 year warranty for. 29 otd. so it seems high to me but I don't know what they go used, I don't have much advice I think it's all about timing and bsing them, I told them a neighboring dealer wanted to sell me the car for 29 but I'd rather purchase from them. in reality the next dealer wanted like 31

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
For that price or not much more, could probably get a CPO autobahn from 2012 loaded to the hinges with all the goodies.

PM me if you want help, I'm local too, btw. See signature link :)

NolaMKVI

Ready to race!
I paid 19k for my 2011 4DR DSG (sunroof & LED tails, no NAV and HIDS) with 24,000 miles. It was 2k under KBB at the time and my brother (who works there) said this was cheap as shit for the car.. hope you can work your figures around mine.

this was almost a year ago.

EDIT: 19 is what they were asking, not what my brother was able to do for me..

TakmaN

Ready to race!
If you want peace of mind with CPO you can try to haggle but otherwise I prefer private party with 1-2 owners and ALL maintenance records. I've seen better deals than that but then again, I've seen worse.

NolaMKVI

Ready to race!
its really not a bad price considering the mileage and the fact that the car is only 2.5 years old.

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
Looking locally at the prices of similar GTI's locally on Cars.com show that one as a good price. Spring is here & prices have gone up.

Vegaslizardman

Passed Driver's Ed
I just bought my 2013 Wolfsburg 4dr DSG GTI for 20999 with 13.7k miles on it. I thought it was a decent price for the year and mileage. The Laguna wheels on mine made all the difference. I didn't mind paying a little more just because of the wheels lol

sakitnyatudisini

Passed Driver's Ed
I would skip this deal. Not that great of a deal to me.
How much deal it now?

just wondering is it the OTD price or before TTL?:)

I just bought my 2013 Wolfsburg 4dr DSG GTI for 20999 with 13.7k miles on it. I thought it was a decent price for the year and mileage. The Laguna wheels on mine made all the difference. I didn't mind paying a little more just because of the wheels lol