GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IE MK5 & MK6 2.0T TSI HIGH FLOW COLD AIR INTAKE KIT

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
http://www.performancebyie.com/ie-mk5-mk6-2-0t-tsi-high-flow-cold-air-intake-kit

just made a purchase. intake looks well built, and as of the price how can you beat it. review coming soon :D

REVIEW

Packaging: everything was included, the box was packed very well and the contents were protected with wrapping

Installation: simple, no modification needed. all clamps supplied were used. I was very satisfied that the heat shield lined up, the rubber gourmets were pre-installed as well as the stripping around the heat shield.

Driving impressions:

normal driving: you can hear the induction noise very well, you can hear the turbo instantly with a push of the throttle, you don't have to get on it to hear the intake

spirited driving: simply amazing. I have had the apr stage 1 & 2 intake before and this intake sounds so much better. if you are looking for a turbo that gives you the noises of blow off, this is the one

Wide Open Throttle: on the butt dyno I definitely feel something there. based off observations on my boost gauge (mechanical) I can see I get to full boost quicker and seems to hold boost longer to the redline.

I haven't been able to do after comparisons with the torque app but I will get those when I can. for the price you cant beat it, simple as that. I based my purchased decision on a few different things. confined filter heat shield with the velocity stack. this filter measured 5". is does use the stock MAF location, no need to worry about fuel trim issues.

It's going down

Last edited:

robeeeerob

Go Kart Champion
Happen to know the diameter of the stage 2 piping (portion of be that goes behind the motor)?

I have the Neuspeed P-Flo (and have been happy with it), which doesn't come with the stage 2 part of intake. If the piping is much large than stock, I might consider making the switch... hmm.

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
Happen to know the diameter of the stage 2 piping (portion of be that goes behind the motor)?

I have the Neuspeed P-Flo (and have been happy with it), which doesn't come with the stage 2 part of intake. If the piping is much large than stock, I might consider making the switch... hmm.

I'm going to guess 3" judging by the coupler that has a reducer to the turbo inlet.

drepai

Go Kart Champion
An intake can only flow as much as the smallest point. It all comes down to minimizing heat and turbulence before that point.

robeeeerob

Go Kart Champion
I'm going to guess 3" judging by the coupler that has a reducer to the turbo inlet.

Ah, makes sense.

An intake can only flow as much as the smallest point. It all comes down to minimizing heat and turbulence before that point.

Great points, Andre. It's been so long since I put my P-Flo in, I was sitting here wondering why I never gave the stage 2 portion more consideration. Recalled that that's exactly what someone had told me/read somewhere, and ultimately I decided the P-Flo was the best intake for me for the price.

However, I am now interested in replacing it with a different system. I like the heatshield that the IE and aFe intakes come with. If I replace my P-Flo with the IE system, I will reduce intake temps (because of the more comprehensive heat shielding compared to the P-Flo), and reduce turbulence by eliminating that rigid flex elbow of the stock intake.

drepai

Go Kart Champion
Ah, makes sense.

Great points, Andre. It's been so long since I put my P-Flo in, I was sitting here wondering why I never gave the stage 2 portion more consideration. Recalled that that's exactly what someone had told me/read somewhere, and ultimately I decided the P-Flo was the best intake for me for the price.

However, I am now interested in replacing it with a different system. I like the heatshield that the IE and aFe intakes come with. If I replace my P-Flo with the IE system, I will reduce intake temps (because of the more comprehensive heat shielding compared to the P-Flo), and reduce turbulence by eliminating that rigid flex elbow of the stock intake.

The bellmouth housing/velocity stack also helps with flow and maf readings. Check it out

robeeeerob

Go Kart Champion
The bellmouth housing/velocity stack also helps with flow and maf readings. Check it out

Yeahh, just saw that video a little while ago.

Regarding temps, another thing I am considering doing is wrapping the stage 2 portion with heat tape (like you did). I am also considering getting the PTP turbo blanket.

drepai

Go Kart Champion
Yeahh, just saw that video a little while ago.

Regarding temps, another thing I am considering doing is wrapping the stage 2 portion with heat tape (like you did). I am also considering getting the PTP turbo blanket.

Mine isn't wrapped anymore, just a 4" unfinished aluminum pipe straight to the turbo. I'm spraying so much meth and fuel before the intake valves that my cf is basically always 0. only thing that matters with my setup is the air hitting the filter.

robeeeerob

Go Kart Champion
4 inches, Jesus.

Plz come to upcoming dyno day @ AU. Lol [emoji12][emoji16][emoji106][emoji122]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
Subd for review. IE's marketing with vids on this intake made me consider buying one but my Neuspeed P-FLO functions great. If IE's intake gets good user reviews I may try it. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone SexS using Tapatalk

robeeeerob

Go Kart Champion
Subd for review. IE's marketing with vids on this intake made me consider buying one but my Neuspeed P-FLO functions great. If IE's intake gets good user reviews I may try it. [emoji4]

HAHA!

Joe, once again we find ourselves in the same boat :thumbsup:

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
HAHA!

Joe, once again we find ourselves in the same boat :thumbsup:

The boat of endless mods and empty wallets [emoji41]