GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Get Pulled Over for Exhaust; Drive a New Mk7

MelowGTI

Ready to race!
I drive what is basically, a straight pipe gti ( SPM track tbe) in Florida and I am a young kid, sorry tooo hear OP, cops have never bothered me

AccelaSX

Ready to race!
Do you want the Civic that is built in China? Or do you want the one from India? Brazil?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Honda_assembly_plants

My wife's Acura was assembled in Ontario, Canada. My RAM 3500 was assembled in Mexico, my MK6 GTI was assembled in Germany. I don't think it matters where they are assembled, what matters are how the manufacturing is managed. Most of the major parts for any cars are manufactured at different locations then the assembly plants.

Is the Ikea furniture you put together (for your friend, if you don't have any) any better then the Ikea furniture that I put together any better? It depends on how much care and attention you put towards the assembly.

All the cars are built by Siemens these days, so location become irrelevant.

ViR

The Russian
iPhones are built in China and Apple is not giving anyone a discount.. lol

Still I can see why German built cars are likely better..

People who work in Germany are likely have more experience, likely be more passionate and care more about VW.
German employees might have bonuses directly related to VW's profits, and company's shares..
Equipment is also likely to be maintained better...

No one is going to cut corners (besides Diesel Eng team apparently) when the top managers are just right around the corner..

Look at some of MB's AMG, hand made, and not by Mexicans..

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
iPhones are built in China and Apple is not giving anyone a discount.. lol

Still I can see why German built cars are likely better..

People who work in Germany are likely have more experience, likely be more passionate and care more about VW.
German employees might have bonuses directly related to VW's profits, and company's shares..

No one is going to cut corners (besides Diesel Eng team apparently) when the top managers are just right around the corner..

Look at some of MB's AMG, hand made, and not by Mexicans..

My god thank you!!!!! Bravo bravo!

Then again all apples stuff is built in China and I already know that, but if you knew they were built at another location as well that was known for making apple products more reliable like for example Japan. Then I'm sure everyone would want there iPhone to be from Japan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmmoose

Ready to race!

Also want to add that VW has a HUGE impact on Germany's (and even Europe's) economy. You don't have to look any further than the whole recent dieselgate scandal to see that in action.

That being said if you're working on something that has the potential to impact your home country's economy, I think there's a higher incentive to do things the right way the first time. I'm not saying that the Mexican plant doesn't work as hard. But realistically speaking there isn't as much risk (repercussions) on the line for someone who is doing outsourced tasks.

CMGTI

Ready to race!
It depends on where your at in Florida(I would imagine anywhere honestly) I live in Daytona Beach but driving through the greater area(Ormond, Holly Hill, Port Orange) etc all have diffrent things they look for to stop cars. Daytona is a rather large small city so they dont really bother with exhaust etc as long as you aren't acting like a douche. Holly Hill is really small like 3 officers on at a time and doesnt really have the time to do stuff but if they are bored/dead they will fuck the shit out of people on violations. Ormond is pretty big and pretty much doesnt bother people unless your driving like a dick or are a dick to them if you did get pulled over. Port Orange is pretty strict as in they enforce speed limits extremely strict and if you are a dick to them they will hit you on any potential violation because you were a dick.

Just gotta know your area and how to act. If you dont i suggest driving conservatively and at the speed limit to not draw attention to yourself.

Been driving in Daytona/PO for years (lived in PO for 5) never had trouble for tints, always drove 5 over, no loud exhaust BS (even with my old Lightning).