GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Opinion: 2012 GTI Autobahn w/EVERYTHING

led_zeppelin68

Just to chime in, I purchased my 2012 gti about a month ago for $16,750. She had 35,553 on the odometer, and is a base model. ie no bells and whistles, plaid seats and manual. Love. the car. To death.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Just to chime in, I purchased my 2012 gti about a month ago for $16,750. She had 35,553 on the odometer, and is a base model. ie no bells and whistles, plaid seats and manual. Love. the car. To death.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That's a pretty shitty price man :\ I paid 19.5+TTL for a '12 2dr manual w/ Convenience/Sunroof that had 15k miles on it, and this was in April of 2013. I'm glad you're happy with the car and at the end of the day that's all that really matters but... for future reference, before buying a car go on the forums for that car and see the kinds of deals people are getting. You probably could've gotten that car for like 14.

smbstyle

Ready to race!
That's a pretty shitty price man :\ I paid 19.5+TTL for a '12 2dr manual w/ Convenience/Sunroof that had 15k miles on it, and this was in April of 2013. I'm glad you're happy with the car and at the end of the day that's all that really matters but... for future reference, before buying a car go on the forums for that car and see the kinds of deals people are getting. You probably could've gotten that car for like 14.

It's amazing how much the prices on these cars have fluctuated recently.

When I bought my MK6 in July 2015, I was getting a good deal (according to KBB/NADA, etc.) for a '12 S DSG w/ sunroof/nav/lighting package that was CPO with 15k miles at $20k. I was looking around at other CPOs, and another S that I looked at with 40k miles was going for $16,500.

Now, you can get some insane deals on a new GTI, which has dropped prices on the used market considerably. Just bought a MK7 GTI S DSG at over $5k off MSRP and they had a '12 Autobahn DSG on the lot with 35k miles for $17,900.

zrickety

The Fixer
We lose about $3k per year depending on the miles. That's pretty normal. The TDI market has my interest though.

Rock Strongo1

Ready to race!
I'm pretty bummed that I've lost about 50% of value on this car. Seems high. I have the same car as OP does, but in white. Basically the most expensive GTI you could buy in 2012, and now it's worth ~$15k.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
I'm pretty bummed that I've lost about 50% of value on this car. Seems high. I have the same car as OP does, but in white. Basically the most expensive GTI you could buy in 2012, and now it's worth ~$15k.

I totally understand your disappointment, but it's bc of how cheap Mk7's are going for, combined with dieselgate.

You can get brand new base model mk7s for like 21k after TTL (obv state dependent) lol. That KILLS the value of the MK6's which, simply put, give you less car per dollar than the mk7s.

SyDiko

Ready to race!
Yeah, the depreciation of the GTI is unfortunate, but it is to be expected since a new generation appears every 5 years.

The R would be more along the lines of an investment car, but it can be a little costly.

YellowC4S

Ready to race!
I will have a 2012 GTI Autobahn APR Stage II for sale shortly if anyone's interested

Johnstephard250

Passed Driver's Ed
Yo, I'm pretty sure that was a pretty bad price tho. I just got mine last week in white ('12 CW DSG Autobahn with only 25k miles) for 14,500. It also had a 3 inch catback and shaved hatch and hood notched and debadged grille. It's literally the same car as OP in terms of bells and whistles.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Yo, I'm pretty sure that was a pretty bad price tho. I just got mine last week in white ('12 CW DSG Autobahn with only 25k miles) for 14,500. It also had a 3 inch catback and shaved hatch and hood notched and debadged grille. It's literally the same car as OP in terms of bells and whistles.

Prices now compared to last year November will be quite different... That's how car values work.