GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone with eurojet downpipe

KDOG1

Ready to race!
So basically I have a eurojet downpipe, but iam missing the downpipe reducer section at the end, i have posted both on here and vortex wanting to buy, no hits, so I contacted an old buddy who can just weld it up, i have a reducer section already, just need the length of the pipe, as he is just welding it and I will mount it at home..

basicly length from the middle pipes v flange (where it would normally mate) till the end of the reducer

Thanks in advance!

DAV0320

Passed Driver's Ed
Do you still need this measurement? One thing you can do is measure the distance from the hanger bars to the end on the stock CB. If I remeber correctly it was something like 7". Then deduct that masurement from the EJ section from the hanger back, keeping in mind the reducer section length you bought, and cut there. The reducer should be a butt joint, so if it's off a little you can trim a litte off either end if needed.

KDOG1

Ready to race!
Do you still need this measurement? One thing you can do is measure the distance from the hanger bars to the end on the stock CB. If I remeber correctly it was something like 7". Then deduct that masurement from the EJ section from the hanger back, keeping in mind the reducer section length you bought, and cut there. The reducer should be a butt joint, so if it's off a little you can trim a litte off either end if needed.

Yeah that is true, i might just have to if I can't get a measurement haha, hoping I don't have to cut too much off once it's welded though as to mess up the length of the gasket that meets up to the catback

DAV0320

Passed Driver's Ed
There is some play with that stock clamp so I think you would be good.
If I can get under my car I will take a measurement for you. I was in the same boat as you a few weeks back and lucked out and found someone that had the EJ reducer section kicking around.

FWIW, since you hae a buddy that can weld stainless, have you thought about having him weld a resonator on that straight section of the middle J pipe? That was the avenue I was going to take if all else failed.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001806YE2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_dp_T2_5Gyszb5057G1G

KDOG1

Ready to race!
There is some play with that stock clamp so I think you would be good.
If I can get under my car I will take a measurement for you. I was in the same boat as you a few weeks back and lucked out and found someone that had the EJ reducer section kicking around.

FWIW, since you hae a buddy that can weld stainless, have you thought about having him weld a resonator on that straight section of the middle J pipe? That was the avenue I was going to take if all else failed.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001806YE2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_dp_T2_5Gyszb5057G1G

Thanks that would be beyond helpful.. I haven't, but now iam thinking about it.. what is your setup? I have stock DP to Beluga catback currently and its not super loud and can be quiet if driven normal, I would be okay if it was slightly louder with this catless DP installed,

DAV0320

Passed Driver's Ed
Currently EJ catted DP with stock CB. I was full 3" EJ Turboback, catted and resonated version. Just recently removed the CB section and installed the stock in order to quiet things down. It was not a super loud set up by any means, but I am getting older and with a Toddler back there I needed to do something adult like.
Just buy my EJ CB and mate it up the DP you have and then no need to worry about reducers :thumbsup:. I'm sure you'll sell your Beluga CB no problems.