GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 GTI Dsg Track Day (Video)

Torito77

Ready to race!
Hi Guys,

This is me with my modded mk6 enjoying some hot laps at circuit in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Last edited by a moderator:

Torito77

Ready to race!
Mods are:
- Unitronic stage 2 DSG stage 2
- S3 IC, SPM Race TBE, Carbonio 1&2
- Neuspeed power pulley, top and charge pipes
- Bilstein B8 with DG Springs
- Powerflex bearings front and rear axle; engine mount
- H&R sway bars 22&26 mm
- ECS fron rotors slotted + Stoptech pads front and rear

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
^

www.facebook.com/chicagocarnetwork

Just put up some days from MVP Track Time for the midwest. May be going to Autobahn on 6/9.

ill need to do the training program with an instructor at the autobahn prior to this correct? IF i wanted to drive by myself in the vehicle. Do they have classifications of cars or just mix everyone together. I dont see how my stage 1 gti is gonna hang with lets say a k04 a3 :cool:. If anything im gonna be a hazard to other drivers going that slow. i dont know anyone that tracks their car so sorry for all the questions

went through the mvp track time site, thats why i ask about the car classes. Seeing a bunch of porsche/lotus high end vehicles that would make me like i wasn't even moving.

Zoomer7

Ready to race!
Mods are:
- Unitronic stage 2 DSG stage 2
- S3 IC, SPM Race TBE, Carbonio 1&2
- Neuspeed power pulley, top and charge pipes
- Bilstein B8 with DG Springs
- Powerflex bearings front and rear axle; engine mount
- H&R sway bars 22&26 mm
- ECS fron rotors slotted + Stoptech pads front and rear

You definitely got the power category covered!
I'm hearing those tires howl, are you running stock tires/wheels? Tires are the best "mod" you can do to improve lap times.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
ill need to do the training program with an instructor at the autobahn prior to this correct? IF i wanted to drive by myself in the vehicle. Do they have classifications of cars or just mix everyone together. I dont see how my stage 1 gti is gonna hang with lets say a k04 a3 :cool:. If anything im gonna be a hazard to other drivers going that slow. i dont know anyone that tracks their car so sorry for all the questions

went through the mvp track time site, thats why i ask about the car classes. Seeing a bunch of porsche/lotus high end vehicles that would make me like i wasn't even moving.

No.

yes, classifications.. beginner, intermediate, advanced.

cars and mods mean nothing for the most part -it's on the driver.

no, not a hazard in the beginner group.

lots of high end cars here and there, lots of regular cars too, and then of course many shitbox/straight track cars too.

Lacerta

Passed Driver's Ed
Awesome video!:thumbup:

Torito77

Ready to race!
You definitely got the power category covered!
I'm hearing those tires howl, are you running stock tires/wheels? Tires are the best "mod" you can do to improve lap times.

Yes, you are absolutely right. I used stock tires (Michelin Pilot Sport 3) and hope to get some track tires soon (hopefully Toyo's R888) since it is complicated and expensive to find track tires in our area.

iag48st

Ready to race!
Holy understeer! You definitely need some better rubber. I can't wait for my first hpde event this March.

Do you think a little suspension tuning could dial out the understeer on turn in?

Torito77

Ready to race!
Holy understeer! You definitely need some better rubber. I can't wait for my first hpde event this March.

Do you think a little suspension tuning could dial out the understeer on turn in?

Probably. I think the understeer happens mainly due to the street tires. Nevertheless for the next track I will set the front sway bar in soft I believe this will add a little help to make the front hit the appex sooner.

Torito77

Ready to race!
Pilot Sport 3s? Dang I wish those were stock here in America! Not bad, but yea you can put some grippier rubber on there :D

I can't attest to them, but I'm thinking about getting these to increase my front camber for track days. Pop it up to 2-2.5* camber at the track, then drive home at 1* :)
http://www.performancebyie.com/integrated-engineering-adjustable-camber-plates-for-mk5-mk6-chassis

They were not stock my Ps3 ... those adjustable camber plates look very interesting!