GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

///Audience's Build Log - Audio focused

rjohnson5481

Ready to race!
Hey man do you by any chance have pictures of the head unit installed in front of the shifter?

I'm looking into using a detachable face plate to mount into the same location with the unit itself behind the tablet. Essentially the same thing you've done but would like to avoid cutting into the compartment in front of the shifter.

Thanks

///Audience

Ready to race!
Hey man do you by any chance have pictures of the head unit installed in front of the shifter?

I'm looking into using a detachable face plate to mount into the same location with the unit itself behind the tablet. Essentially the same thing you've done but would like to avoid cutting into the compartment in front of the shifter.

Thanks

thats actually not a full radio, but rather a 1 din controller for my DSP. Depth wise, its maybe 1.5" deep. I did not have to cut or modify anything, its really just pressure fitted in there until I can build a fiberglassed panel.

rjohnson5481

Ready to race!
thats actually not a full radio, but rather a 1 din controller for my DSP. Depth wise, its maybe 1.5" deep. I did not have to cut or modify anything, its really just pressure fitted in there until I can build a fiberglassed panel.

Thats exactly what i'm looking to do. Do you know the model number of the DSP you used?

thanks again.

rjohnson5481

Ready to race!

ViR

The Russian
I've tried to set Tremble and Bass down and pump up Mids.. Its better not still not amazing..
This weekend I'll try some lossless audio, see if its better.

Kind of upsetting.... paying for upgrade but enjoying it less than stock 09 Rabbit's audio.. :|

///Audience

Ready to race!
uh oh.... got bored so time for some more audio work.

also, the Alpine DSP is leaving in favor of this sexy piece of Italian hotness

///Audience

Ready to race!
Lifes too short to use boring fleece!

///Audience

Ready to race!
Got my WALK and GFB DV+ installed plus an alignment and my car is running great! Loads of traction and less annoying DV whine.

Some small updates on the electrical work...

I made a plate out of low heat plastic so that I could heat it and bend it to flow at an upwards angle. This secures my new Mosconi DSP controller.

I also am on a mission to make all of my factory blanks into functional OEM switches. Ive currently modified the Park Assist into being a Police Radar button. The illumination works just like an OEM button and there is an orange LED that flashes when my radar goes off. Pressing the button serves as my mute.

I also took a factory USB from a Tiguan and cut the harness off and modified it with a 5v / 2a power supply.

///Audience

Ready to race!
The sub has yet to be installed, still finishing up the enclosure. It will be an Illusion Audio C12XL

///Audience

Ready to race!
Finally got to finish this project which had been put on the back burner. Also added a bit more amplification.

///Audience

Ready to race!
I also picked up some go fast goodies!