GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 GTI Front Bumper Splitter (Dutch Parts Co.)

DUTCHswift

Ready to race!
Here's a shot of @itssti's GTI right after a wash:

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
The instructions say to remove the threaded clip for the OEM lip to install the hardware for this. The site says this can be use with our without OEM lip. How do you install with OEM lip?

DUTCHswift

Ready to race!
The instructions say to remove the threaded clip for the OEM lip to install the hardware for this. The site says this can be use with our without OEM lip. How do you install with OEM lip?

The OEM lip is sandwiched between the spacer and the bottom of the bumper. If the threaded clips are installed, you cannot pass the hardware we provide through the existing holes. Removing the clips allows you to install the DPC Splitter while re-using 5 of 9 existing hole features already in the bumper.

So, for installation with the OEM lip, This is the order of assembly...

DPC Splitter > Plastic Spacer > OEM Lip > Bumper > Washer > Nylock Nut
...and obviously the bolt ties it all together.

Hope that helps.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Can it ship to Canada? How long does it take to install w/o the lip? Maybe I ship to Buffalo and install in a parking lot.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Have you considered offering a wheel skirt option that extends up from the edge of the lip against the bumper along the wheel arch? Aerodynamically this helps push air around the wheel opening and is extra useful if the tire pokes out a bit.

DUTCHswift

Ready to race!
Looks great. Would love to see it on CSG.

Just waiting on a customer to send over pics so I'll be sure to share them with you guys when I get them.

Can it ship to Canada? How long does it take to install w/o the lip? Maybe I ship to Buffalo and install in a parking lot.

Yes we can ship to Canada! It is a little more expensive than shipping to the US, but not much more. Install typically takes customers ~1.5hrs to get it installed. Most of the time is just removing and reinstalling the bumper.

Have you considered offering a wheel skirt option that extends up from the edge of the lip against the bumper along the wheel arch? Aerodynamically this helps push air around the wheel opening and is extra useful if the tire pokes out a bit.

I'm hoping to add Splitter accessories in the future like canard style extensions, support rods, and other items. I'll keep your suggestion in mind when I get around to planning that line out. :thumbup:

SyDiko

Ready to race!
Here are some better photos we just got in from Matt down in Florida:

Why didn't I go with CW!!! :mad0259:

Then again, that CW + splitter would look really good with some black rims.

Okay, I'm unsubscribing from this thread... I don't want to spend money on a splitter right now!!!!!!!!!!

DUTCHswift

Ready to race!
Why didn't I go with CW!!! :mad0259:

Then again, that CW + splitter would look really good with some black rims.

Okay, I'm unsubscribing from this thread... I don't want to spend money on a splitter right now!!!!!!!!!!

Unsubcribe ->:23:<- Splitter

Do the right thing... :bellyroll:

Yes, you do! Do it, do it, do it!

:lol:

Haha Amen :thumbsup: