GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 11-13-2017, 09:15 PM   #6539
GTR_Killer
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: Burnout Machine
I last updated the front page Updated: 1/27/16. Anyone care for me to add them? dyno graphs or it didnt happen, lol
GTR_Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:40 PM   #6540
Cadubya
DUBYA

Drives: 2011 K04 GTI 4DR 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR_Killer View Post
I last updated the front page Updated: 1/27/16. Anyone care for me to add them? dyno graphs or it didnt happen, lol

In 4 VRT dyno!
Old 11-13-2017, 09:52 PM   #6541
GTR_Killer
Formula 5000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadubya View Post
In 4 VRT dyno!
Haha VRTQ, dyno coming in roughly March 2018!!! Phase 1 will be complete expecting roughly 6-700awhp.

Then end of year 2018/ beginning of year 2019 I hope to have phase 2 complete where we will hopefully see some big numbers.
Old 11-13-2017, 09:55 PM   #6542
Cadubya
DUBYA

Quote:
Haha VRTQ, dyno coming in roughly March 2018!!! Phase 1 will be complete expecting roughly 6-700awhp.

Then end of year 2018/ beginning of year 2019 I hope to have phase 2 complete where we will hopefully see some big numbers.

In4updates
Old 11-13-2017, 10:20 PM   #6543
vwgti2.0t
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 2011 CW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by zef View Post
What I don't understand is that APR is the only company to fill the void between ko4 and true BT. No one else in the marketplace sells a complete plug and play big turbo kit that's safe on stock rods (and stock fueling) that I can install myself and have running in my own garage in a day, maybe two. HPA has told me that even their GTX power pack (which adds 50hp to APR's GTX kit) can be safely run on stock internals. You get the same plug and play convenience and reliability with a KO4 kit but add an additional 80+hp. No fueling or tuning headaches that is common place with custom BT builds.

Is my line of thinking wrong here??
Honestly the APR kit is solid as a whole, the turbo is just a tad too small. I still run the 3+ kit (it's from like 2009, and solidly reliable) with the GT3071 and it's made a documented 500+whp on multiple cars. I'm not sure why they didn't stick with that turbo.

Either way, just do drop in rods. No reason to go further. Add ARP head studs while you're there and some valve springs depending on budget. These motors hold up to a beating with just those items.

For a turbo kit, I'd just do a CTS GTX3071 kit and find someone good to tune it. Eurodyne works well, but the capabilities are limited. If there is a Cobb pro-tuner by you that is probably the better route.

As far as fueling, if you're willing to do water meth that will definitely hold up to more than enough. I think stock injectors, a TTRS pump and controller (either TTRS or PM3) and direct port meth (preferably Aquamist for failsafes and reliability) will hold up to a solid 500+whp. Injectors don't net hardly anymore headroom compared to stock.
vwgti2.0t is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 10:51 PM   #6544
GTR_Killer
Formula 5000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadubya View Post
In4updates
Well phase 1 includes safety, fueling, drive train mainly.

Safety
  • Rollcage
  • harnesses
  • race seats

Fueling
  • 3 044 Bosch 320lph in a custom surge tank using 8AN lines with a 4th 044 to supply them from the main tank
  • Bosch ID2000cc injectors made into a custom fuel rail and DPI into the manifold bc no good ones fit the head, fml

Drivetrain
  • 01E built trans swap -The mainshaft, first and second gears are cryogenically tempered for ultimate strength. WPC surface treatments on mainshaft, first and second gears. Shift sleeves are the most recent update, and the syncro rings are the updated as well.All syncro rings are forged rings made in Europe and sourced through Porsche Motorsports.
  • Rear diff- Skyline GTR R32 R200 LSD 4.11 final drive- custom diff carrier and bushings being fabricated to hold this in
  • Custom chromoly DSS axles
  • Custom carbon fiber one piece drive shaft

Also wiring in the standalone and hand made wiring harness with a bluetooth tablet dash. Also a custom fab'd catch can going in during phase 1 as well but whoopy who cares about that.

The engine will just have drop in rods for now while a build the real engine over the next year.
Already have a 67mm turbo on there with an ugly ass exhaust mani that will just get the job done for now. All this to be addressed in phase 2. Okay now you have an update, lol

Last edited by GTR_Killer; 11-13-2017 at 10:58 PM.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:10 AM   #6545
mostic
Rally Car Champion

Drives: VW
Quote:

Safety
  • Rollcage
  • harnesses
  • race seats

Fueling
  • 3 044 Bosch 320lph in a custom surge tank using 8AN lines with a 4th 044 to supply them from the main tank
  • Bosch ID2000cc injectors made into a custom fuel rail and DPI into the manifold bc no good ones fit the head, fml

Drivetrain
  • 01E built trans swap -The mainshaft, first and second gears are cryogenically tempered for ultimate strength. WPC surface treatments on mainshaft, first and second gears. Shift sleeves are the most recent update, and the syncro rings are the updated as well.All syncro rings are forged rings made in Europe and sourced through Porsche Motorsports.
  • Rear diff- Skyline GTR R32 R200 LSD 4.11 final drive- custom diff carrier and bushings being fabricated to hold this in

Also wiring in the standalone and hand made wiring harness with a bluetooth tablet dash. Also a custom fab'd catch can going in during phase 1 as well but whoopy who cares about that.

The engine will just have drop in rods for now while a build the real engine over the next year.
Already have a 67mm turbo on there with an ugly ass exhaust mani that will just get the job done for now. All this to be addressed in phase 2. Okay now you have an update, lol

In 4 updates and pics too
mostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 12:24 AM   #6546
Cadubya
DUBYA

Quote:

Safety
  • Rollcage
  • harnesses
  • race seats

Fueling

Drivetrain

Pics or it didnít happen
Old 11-17-2017, 06:51 AM   #6547
U-20T
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: BT GTI4Motion
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobst View Post
My plan is 400hp-450hp tops. I thought that was simply rods. I need to do more reading then. Because you are right, I want to nail the motor stuff in one go.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
400whp/450chp is completely ok on a stock engine and dsg (with tune). My mk5 TSI was 460chp with 120k miles and I drove it daily.
U-20T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 06:53 AM   #6548
U-20T
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: BT GTI4Motion
Also I’m still running stock pistons on my 10sec mk6, turning the power up more once a few more things are sorted.
U-20T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 05:49 PM   #6549
LAGP
Autocross Champion

Drives: Audi A3
I have confirmation that the pictures on my thread are good now.

A3 8p compound turbo K04/GT45 build

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...#post108734249
LAGP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
addicted to torture, blow up ur volkswagen, breaking your trans 101, failwheeldrive anonymous, fireball lives!, james'partout