GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ThatGTI Build Thread

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
I had a great time at Water by the Bridge yesterday! t was my first show, and definitely won't be my last. Can't wait for next year.

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
Put my car on a dyno today at Colletti Motorsports in Moraine, OH. It made 212WHP and 225WTQ. Not bad considering I don't have a tune yet. Now I just need to wait for the Revo summer sale, go stage 2, and bring it back to see what it makes.

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
I got my Revo Stage 2 ECU tune done on Monday at C's Autohaus in Centerville, OH. The tune is amazing! I can't believe I've gone this long without it. It totally changes the car. C's Autohaus is great, I'd highly recommend them to anyone in the area. Yesterday (day after getting the tune) I had a coil pack go out, and I called C's Autohaus and they were able to get 4 new R8 coilpacks in for me by the end of the day. I didn't expect them to go out immediately after, but I'm glad I was able to get a set of R8 coilpacks that very day to replace them. I still can't get over how quick this car is now. I almost got into some trouble today by getting on it and not having a cop suddenly appear. All good though. Still haven't been pulled over. :D

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
Added some red trim to my side skirts and rear diffuser, then I also installed a GFB DV+. I wasn't sure about the red trim at first, but I like it. The trim around the rear diffuser is very hard to see, but I'm fine with that overall it's nice and subtle just with a little added color. The red above the side skirts reminds me of older hot hatches that had a red accent on the black door moldings. I really like the GFB DV+. It functions very well and makes some nice sounds. I do wish that the turbo flutter sound was louder and more pronounced though. I might add a Forge Diverter Valve Spacer to it just to try it out and see what it sounds like.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Looks good. Goes great with the Candy White paint. :D

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
Since last posting I recieved and installed a set of deAutoKey's LED front turn signals. They look great and I'm very happy with them. Now I just need LED fog lights and LED rear turn signals and then I'll be done with changing everything to LED (except the factory xenons). Speaking of LEDs, LED license plate lights recently threw an error code after having them for a little over 2 years. I popped one out and swapped it with the OEM one and it went away. I'm guessing one of the resistors just went bad. Thankfully they were from deAutoKey so I just had to send them back and they should send me a replacement set back thanks to their great warranty. My rear vinyl insert from deAutoKey lasted a while and worked well, unfortunately one of the pieces of vinyl fell off. I decided to replace it with one of the full circle vinyl cut outs from Klii, just to try something different. So far so good, I like that is covers the little part in between the bottom of the V and top of the middle W in the emblem, because it's a full circle. As for problems with the car, two have showed up. My driver's side window switch started acting up and the auto up and down feature didn't work for either side. Then when operating the passenger switch on the driver's side it would get stuck all the way down and I'd have to pull the switch back up. I'm guessing that water just got into the switch and messed it up. I found a new switch off a wrecked GTI and swapped it in and now it works like it used to. The other problem is I'm having a boost stutter in 3rd, 4th, and 5th gear between 3,000-4,000RPM. I believe it is the N75 valve. Oddly enough a local friend with a MK6 GTI had it happen to his about a month before mine started. He bought a new N75 valve and is waiting to install it. I'm going to wait and see if that works for him, and then if it does I'll have to get a new one as well. As for good news I got a great deal on a OEM Candy White Euro Front Lip, so it should be arriving later today and hopefully I'll get a chance to put it on. I'll try and upload some pictures of it tomorrow. Here are some pictures I've taken on my car and some local MK6s though.

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
Nice build. I'm torn between the neuspeed & 42DD exhaust. They both sound vary nice, I'm just worried about passing inspections when it come time. I live in NY and there strick

Thanks! I'd say go with Neuspeed, but I'm a little biased. Can't go wrong with either. My friend just got a 42DD downpipe and the quality of it is really nice. I'm so glad I don't have to worry about emissions stuff. I hear it's a real pain.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Looking great. Love the recent photos.

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
I was driving on the highway last night with some friends and I get a message from one of them saying my lip flew off... Completly my fault. I didn't install in properly and it came off. Really sucks. Hopefully I'll get a new one here soon with all the proper mounting hardware and put it on.

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
I still haven't put down an order for a new lip, but that will probably happen soon. I did get LED rear turn signals from deAutoKey though. I put them in and was a little disappointed with the brightness of them. I ended up ordering a set from Putco off of Amazon that people said were also good. I put them in and they are much brighter than the deAutoKey ones. I ended up making a video comparing them for a thread that was posted about them. Not trying to bash on them at all. I love their products and they have great customer service, I just wanted a brighter bulb and thought other people might want to know.

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
I still haven't put down an order for a new lip, but that will probably happen soon. I did get LED rear turn signals from deAutoKey though. I put them in and was a little disappointed with the brightness of them. I ended up ordering a set from Putco off of Amazon that people said were also good. I put them in and they are much brighter than the deAutoKey ones. I ended up making a video comparing them for a thread that was posted about them. Not trying to bash on them at all. I love their products and they have great customer service, I just wanted a brighter bulb and thought other people might want to know.

Do you have a link to these?

I'm interested.

Any errors?

Thanks.

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
Do you have a link to these?

I'm interested.

Any errors?

Thanks.

Here is the link to the listing on Amazon.

No errors. deAutoKey is going to try and introduce a brighter version of their bulb in a month or two, so I'll compare that against these and their old version. So if you can wait to see how that bulbs turns out you can, but if not these Putco ones work very well and are pretty close to the stock incandescent bulb.