GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just read DINAN aquired APR

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
They've been tuning vws for 65 years? Lol

ECUs in VW's haven't been around that long. Here's more info on our parent company:

Driven Performance Brands ("DPB") is a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of specialty automotive aftermarket performance products for car and truck enthusiasts. DPB offers a variety of uniquely designed and stylized products to a wide range of automotive enthusiasts who consider what they drive and how the vehicle performs an important lifestyle choice. DPB's product line touches almost every part of the undercar, from exhaust to transmission, drivetrain, and electronic tuning products, and is marketed under six leading brands: Flowmaster, B&M Racing and Performance, Hurst Shifters, Hurst Driveline Conversions, Dinan Engineering, and APR.

Founded in 1953, DPB is headquartered in Santa Rosa, California. DPB sells through online specialty retailers, warehouse distributors, auto dealers, traditional auto parts retailers, and OEMs, as well as directly to consumers. DPB is a strong, consumer-focused company with a portfolio of iconic brands and an unmatched distribution network. DPB operates in a large and fragmented industry, has a committed and loyal customer base of devoted automotive enthusiasts, and is well positioned to add similarly compelling brands to its portfolio.

intellistar

Ready to race!
Generally speaking, this is good news. You are much better off owned by someone that understands the industry you are in as opposed to one that is solely looking at ROI. It makes product decisions easier because you don't have to explain the nature of the business, changing market tastes, etc. each time you go to greenlight. You also don't get put in situations where you are told "just make xyz that worked last time" by people with a loose understanding of your business. The flipside is because they understand the business, then the level of scrutiny is also higher in some areas and some of the more "riskier" propositions are shot down even though they have huge potential.

Of course each business varies its practices, but if you are an APR customer, this should be good news for you.

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
Generally speaking, this is good news. You are much better off owned by someone that understands the industry you are in as opposed to one that is solely looking at ROI. It makes product decisions easier because you don't have to explain the nature of the business, changing market tastes, etc. each time you go to greenlight. You also don't get put in situations where you are told "just make xyz that worked last time" by people with a loose understanding of your business. The flipside is because they understand the business, then the level of scrutiny is also higher in some areas and some of the more "riskier" propositions are shot down even though they have huge potential.

Of course each business varies its practices, but if you are an APR customer, this should be good news for you.

This is pretty much spot on. I'm currently working contract for an investor owned business where the investor doesn't have a full understanding of the industry that they are operating in. Oh, the stories I could tell if I weren't under an NDA...

FriggenT1

Banned
This is pretty much spot on. I'm currently working contract for an investor owned business where the investor doesn't have a full understanding of the industry that they are operating in. Oh, the stories I could tell if I weren't under an NDA...

Well, you are on an internet forum.... do they monitor golfmk6 often?

Noodle1

Ready to race!
Sooo does this mean v2.5 is coming out? with pops and crackles????!!!! :iono: :D

NNWGB6

Passed Driver's Ed
Sooo does this mean v2.5 is coming out? with pops and crackles????!!!! :iono: :D[/QUOTE

No! But don't you want to buy a new intake? We have the time to rework those.
Oh and research now shows that you should buy our expensive ass dsg clutches after stage one tuning, we promise we didn't waste money on designing dsg clutches that no one needed.

Laimface

Ready to race!
No! But don't you want to buy a new intake? We have the time to rework those.
Oh and research now shows that you should buy our expensive ass dsg clutches after stage one tuning, we promise we didn't waste money on designing dsg clutches that no one needed.

But if your sales team can sell sand to the arabs, they will!

Noodle1

Ready to race!
^^ Lolllllll, Apr loves the money flow, Wish they cared a little more about their older customers

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
Well, you are on an internet forum.... do they monitor golfmk6 often?

When I use their internet, EVERYTHING is monitored! In other words, they know who went where. Case in point, a contractor was terminated for downloading a torrent. He wasn't even logged into the domain but was tracked by device ID and IP address.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
When I use their internet, EVERYTHING is monitored! In other words, they know who went where. Case in point, a contractor was terminated for downloading a torrent. He wasn't even logged into the domain but was tracked by device ID and IP address.

VPN bruh

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion

Then I have to answer as to why I am using a VPN. On my devices, that is easy because I need it for my own business functions, like to send email due to their firewall. On their computers, I can't use that excuse.