GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Squeaky Creaky Clutch Pedal VW GTI

brettmag

Passed Driver's Ed
The dealer has tried to lube up the parts, but it hasn't helped.

I have 6 months of warranty left, so I want it fixed before January.

Lupin

Ready to race!
I got the exact same problem as you. Good to know that it wasn't due to my RSR clutch install. I also tried lubing several parts in the cabin with no luck.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Mine was the pedal mechanism. I lubed the shit out of it and the squeakiness went away for awhile.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
yep Same thing happens to me only on hot days. I'm going to replace the clutch line and see if that helps.

It didn't help me at all. I installed a kmd tuning clutch line when I replaced my slipping clutch and it didn't change anything.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
What lube are you all using? Sometimes metal on plastic translation requires particular grease. Especially with large temperature ranges.

brettmag

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks guys.

The dealer did some research and they ordered some parts for next week. I'm guessing the throwout bearing/cylinder combo, but I'll wait and see.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
It's the bolt the clutch pedal pivots on. Remove it, clean it, lube it and put it back in. Mine did the same thing a few years ago and I drove myself crazy trying to fix it.

Not sure if you're on instagram, but if you find me (nick0188) look for a post from September 10, 2013 and it's basically the same exact video you just posted except with my foot...