GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKVI 2.5 Love

okco

I know there was quite a bit of support for after-maket parts on the MKV Rabbit 2.5 but I don't see much love yet for the MKVI 2.5. I believe they just released the Carbino for the MKVI but does anybody see any other products coming down the pipe line soon?

I just installed a Neuspeed P-Flo and I'm pretty happy with the sound and slight but noticeable increase in throttle sensitivity. I really like the AWE exhaust and that will probably be my next upgrade. Are there any ECU flashing options yet from APR, Unitronic ect...? I see Unitronic has software for the 2010 model, will that work on my 2011?

I know its primarily GTI drivers on this forum but I see a few 2.5 fans around (any in the South Florida area representing?). Trust me, I know the 2.5 isn't a performance engine and I would own a GTI if my monthly insurance didn't end up more than my car payment! I just want something thats fun to drive around with some options for upgrades...

VWghost26

Ready to race!
Don't think the carbino intake is out yet.........or i haven't seen the actual release post. And only thing I've found for flashes is from unitronic. A stage one at $500 I believe.

okco

The Unitronic Stage 1 lists Golf 2010-2010 what could possibly be different about the 2011 for it to not be included?

Anyone have any experience with light weight power pulleys, any noticeable gains?

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
There are quite a few 2.5s on the forums. With 170hp its no slouch either, and if the Carbonio puts out what the dyno shows then it should be a great upgrade.

sirdudeth

Ready to race!
The Unitronic Stage 1 lists Golf 2010-2010 what could possibly be different about the 2011 for it to not be included?

ECU encoding. It's the same for the GTIs. A reflash for a 2010 model won't work on a 2011 car.

OttoBahn1

Ready to race!
A Neuspeed P-flo and power pulley are a great combo. It really opened up a few more ponies, especially above 3000rpm. I have the AWE Tuning exhaust on order and can't wait for it to arrive.

okco

Yea please post sound clips and let me know if you noticed any difference in performance.

jmarch

Ready to race!
I'm waiting on delivery for FK highsport coilovers right now. That should make the car drive better. And when APR gets around to producing this intake we've all been hearing about I'll be one of the first to order it. Someday when the car is paid off it will get a turbo kit...someday...

golf_of_ny

i have a 2.5l with the awe cat back. i love the sound of it, also i am getting the carbino intake and am also wondering about any ecu flashes for the 2011

espo22lax

Ready to race!
i have a 2.5l with the awe cat back. i love the sound of it, also i am getting the carbino intake and am also wondering about any ecu flashes for the 2011

nice, you'll love the carbonio it sounds great. I'm planning to get the AWE cat back as well glad to hear you like it. As far as ECU tunes go, nothing for anything past 2010. :( but rumor is that the companies are working on them.

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion

How does the cat back sound? Is it loud? Drone on the highway? Feel any difference in power, they claim 8hp I believe.

Redslumber

Ready to race!
Running both the APR Carbon Intake and AWE Exhaust :p

The intake does provide some noticeable gain and the exhaust, a nice sound upgrade :D.

http://youtu.be/W5-Xzx7qpuY?hd=1