GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PCV cracked? Oil ontop of PCV

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
Most VAG parts are cheaper in Europe IIRC, probably because they are made there. Cheapest price i could find for a OEM PCV was $130.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
$159.95 seems a bit high though, I paid £67.80GBP ($89.19US), from the dealership here in the UK, I thought VAG parts were priced similarly across the globe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

159 is the average price they go for on other parts websites and the dealer here in the US. I just paid 164 after taxes for the AH revision one last week.

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
update, installed new PCV. What a difference. With the old PCV the car would fall flat on its face when driving it cold. Had throttle issues, ect.

With the new PCV drives like a brand new car and feels solid.

FriggenT1

Banned
update, installed new PCV. What a difference. With the old PCV the car would fall flat on its face when driving it cold. Had throttle issues, ect.

With the new PCV drives like a brand new car and feels solid.

Good deal man. I think the pcv is just a maintenance part asnd should be replaced st least every 40k...if not earlier. The cheap plastic check valve trying to hold 20+ psi for long periods of time is laughable, if no cc, then pcv more often. If you think about it, you ca n buy 3 of them before it was the price of many cc anyway.

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
Good deal man. I think the pcv is just a maintenance part asnd should be replaced st least every 40k...if not earlier. The cheap plastic check valve trying to hold 20+ psi for long periods of time is laughable, if no cc, then pcv more often. If you think about it, you ca n buy 3 of them before it was the price of many cc anyway.

Yeah, my issue with the CC is it requires maintenance which is no go for me. Also i haven't seen any proof that there is actually any benefit to running a CC. The only threads i've read were the typical "look at all the oil in my catch can" which is expected because its an oil separator.

But, i bought my PCV from FCPEuro, so it has a life time warranty that i fully expect on using :)

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Yeah, my issue with the CC is it requires maintenance which is no go for me. Also i haven't seen any proof that there is actually any benefit to running a CC. The only threads i've read were the typical "look at all the oil in my catch can" which is expected because its an oil separator.

But, i bought my PCV from FCPEuro, so it has a life time warranty that i fully expect on using :)

I completely understand not wanting a CC, I know I’d forget to empty it! They can also freeze but it would have to be pretty darn cold for that, I would just rather the crank pressure is dealt with in the way the engineers at VW intended really! If the part you bought has a lifetime warranty then it’s a no brainer! Was it a genuine one?

FriggenT1

Banned
Maintenance besides emptying it?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'd rather do a VTA setup, but I don't have emissions here, so it allows me to do that. The weather here is already in the 20's at night's, so I'd already be looking at possible freezing.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
I'd rather do a VTA setup, but I don't have emissions here, so it allows me to do that. The weather here is already in the 20's at night's, so I'd already be looking at possible freezing.

You wouldn't have to worry about it freezing if your lines are big enough.

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
I completely understand not wanting a CC, I know I’d forget to empty it! They can also freeze but it would have to be pretty darn cold for that, I would just rather the crank pressure is dealt with in the way the engineers at VW intended really! If the part you bought has a lifetime warranty then it’s a no brainer! Was it a genuine one?

Yes, its a genuine oem PCV. Its a FCP Euro thing, all of their parts are life time warranty, even wear and tear items like brake pads and rotors believe it or not.