GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Which bluetooth module for my RNS 510?

sofaking

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello, I recently ordered a RNS 510 MFD3 Version C from eBay for my Mk. 6 Golf and am waiting for it to be delivered.

I also want to install a bluetooth module with this unit but I'm not sure what's the difference between the various units for sale.

All I really need is something that will do the usual receiving/making calls/SMS through my RNS-510 and also play music via bluetooth from my Android phone.

I've seen some models on eBay-

3C8 035 730 A2DP. (Premium bluetooth)
5K0 035 730

The first one seems to be a lot more expensive.

Anyone know what's the difference between them and would the cheaper unit suit my needs?

I did a search on this section of the forum but there are so many RNS-510 threads that I wasn't sure where to post.

Thanks for any feedback. :)

tmiw

Go Kart Champion
Google seems to indicate that the difference between those model numbers is Bluetooth 2.0 and the ability to send/receive SMS with your steering wheel/MFD. Not sure if any of that matters to you though :)

sofaking

Passed Driver's Ed
Google seems to indicate that the difference between those model numbers is Bluetooth 2.0 and the ability to send/receive SMS with your steering wheel/MFD. Not sure if any of that matters to you though :)

Thanks for that. I ordered the 5K0 035 730 and am waiting for it to be delivered. Hopefully it will work fully in my car. :drool: