GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Goofy workaround for continuing bluetooth streaming after ignition off

Poopzeug

My apologies if this is just new to me and you're all previously aware of this.

I know I'm not the only one bugged by the ignition button switching off the radio as well as the motor, killing your bluetooth while you're in the middle of a tune. I thought this might be helpful for some of you guys.

On a whim I tried something that seems to work to maintain the bluetooth connection after the motor has stopped (aside from being on an active phone call)

I pressed the ignition off button with my thumb and then almost instantly pressed the radio power button with my little finger (hand like a "
" sign). The radio does still turn off; if you can turn it back on fast enough, it seems to maintain the bluetooth connection. You then just have to press the media button and your stream should still be going. It's not perfect, but it beats having to miss half of your tune while you wait for the radio to reconnect bluetooth again.

This might be different for different phones. I did try it with my wife's Galaxy S2 and it worked as well with my Galaxy Note. I am curious to see if it works with other bluetooth streaming devices.

My guess is that perhaps the RNS does not completely power off in that fraction of a second, maybe due to electrical capacitance. :iono:

Jeffs2013GTI

Drag Race Newbie
My apologies if this is just new to me and you're all previously aware of this.

I know I'm not the only one bugged by the ignition button switching off the radio as well as the motor, killing your bluetooth while you're in the middle of a tune. I thought this might be helpful for some of you guys.

On a whim I tried something that seems to work to maintain the bluetooth connection after the motor has stopped (aside from being on an active phone call)

I pressed the ignition off button with my thumb and then almost instantly pressed the radio power button with my little finger (hand like a "
" sign). The radio does still turn off; if you can turn it back on fast enough, it seems to maintain the bluetooth connection. You then just have to press the media button and your stream should still be going. It's not perfect, but it beats having to miss half of your tune while you wait for the radio to reconnect bluetooth again.

This might be different for different phones. I did try it with my wife's Galaxy S2 and it worked as well with my Galaxy Note. I am curious to see if it works with other bluetooth streaming devices.

My guess is that perhaps the RNS does not completely power off in that fraction of a second, maybe due to electrical capacitance. :iono:

Makes sense since the BT actually does "Buffer" a few seconds ahead like the SAT radio does. I like your "Hang 10" sign haha, :w00t:

Jeff

Jeffs2013GTI

Drag Race Newbie
You guys and your fancy push button starts.

Mine doesnt have push button starts, I opted for the car with out it Thank You very much. Why? I had 2 cars with push button start feature and had nothing but problems with them.

So I passed this time and have a good ol key instead. haha.

Jeff

Heartagram131

Go Kart Champion
i wish that you could VCDS your stereo to come on when the car is started and turn off when you lock it..