GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

bags

DacoMK6

Passed Driver's Ed
I know this may be a very stupid question but this will help me with my struggle on my decision bags or coils. ive heard rumors from people that if i install bags i will have to put holes in my frame. These people dont have bags, and that is why im asking this question here.
thanks for your answers

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
I can't nor can anybody else tell you what is better. Its all you, and mainly its all feel. What people are referring to are the frame notch to lay frame and be even on both sides. Its typically reinforced with steel and does not weaken your structural integrity. I'll give you one of the reasons I decide to stay static, I want to ride low. But, typically on an air setup to be low you have to be at low psi and the ride is "rough" from what I read. Plus, I see that I ride lower on coils then a lot of people on air near me, except when they are trying to do a photoshoot. Also, on air you should really know your system all around to know how to identify a quick leak and where, how to replace a bag just in case it blows so you are not stranded, etc. I don't doubt people will try to refute what I said, but hopefully everybody's individual opinion can help you decide.

lowerthanzimmy

Go Kart Champion
bags are bad, mmkay.

JhnR

Banned
you dont have to put holes in your frame, you have to chop your frame :D

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
I can't nor can anybody else tell you what is better. Its all you, and mainly its all feel. What people are referring to are the frame notch to lay frame and be even on both sides. Its typically reinforced with steel and does not weaken your structural integrity. I'll give you one of the reasons I decide to stay static, I want to ride low. But, typically on an air setup to be low you have to be at low psi and the ride is "rough" from what I read. Plus, I see that I ride lower on coils then a lot of people on air near me, except when they are trying to do a photoshoot. Also, on air you should really know your system all around to know how to identify a quick leak and where, how to replace a bag just in case it blows so you are not stranded, etc. I don't doubt people will try to refute what I said, but hopefully everybody's individual opinion can help you decide.

Nope. Nothing to refute. You're pretty much correct on all points.

PS-I don't support hard parking. If you're on air, drive low.

lowerthanzimmy

Go Kart Champion
Nope. Nothing to refute. You're pretty much correct on all points.

PS-I don't support hard parking. If you're on air, drive low.

:thanks:

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Or you could just...not air out all the way? Or, you could get some wheels with such crazy offsets you sit on the lip of the wheel then just tell everyone thats why you can't lay frame Or you can sell your car and buy an R32, they come pre notched. Or you could just trade me, my cars already on air and lays frame :iono: Just thinking out of the box here for you.

lowerthanzimmy

Go Kart Champion
Or you could just...not air out all the way? Or, you could get some wheels with such crazy offsets you sit on the lip of the wheel then just tell everyone thats why you can't lay frame Or you can sell your car and buy an R32, they come pre notched. Or you could just trade me, my cars already on air and lays frame :iono: Just thinking out of the box here for you.
:laugh:

lowerthanzimmy

Go Kart Champion
You can let the frame notch itself.

it will still be crooked, it will only self notch so much before you have a bigger issue, like the CV letting go.