GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any Houston TX folks here?

Really the best suggestion is to live close to where you work. Definitely get you an ez tag to help get around on the toll ways or HOT lane on I-10

what is close, dude?

I live 16 miles away from work, but it takes me only 25 mins max leaving home at 8:30am. SE/ Scarsdale to Midtown.

Some folks who live 5 miles from work take 15 mins to get to work.

I think it depends on whether or not the OP has kids or not.

rasetsu

Ready to race!
what is close, dude?

I live 16 miles away from work, but it takes me only 25 mins max leaving home at 8:30am. SE/ Scarsdale to Midtown.

Some folks who live 5 miles from work take 15 mins to get to work.

I think it depends on whether or not the OP has kids or not.

Good point. It's all relative. Used to take me 30 minutes to go 5 miles in LA. In Dallas, it takes me 30 minutes to go 20 miles.

The company is located at the intersection of the Hardy Toll Road and North Sam Houston Parkway East.

Screw Woodlands...too far and too clean for my dirty ass. You may look into Lake Houston / Summerwood homes/ sam houston parkway area... near W. Lake Houston blvd.. suburban, yet still close enough to the heart.

If you're single, you may as well just live in midtown/ central houston and drive against the traffic flow up to that NE area. Only takes 30 mins max since no traffic in the mornings.

MONEY SHIFT

Banned
Any of you guys know of local meets or anything? Do y'all hang out ?

MONEY SHIFT

Banned
Yessir, on the first of every month, plus other times here and there. Search EAG.

Dude, I forgot all about EAG. I'm done with it. There's no activity on there. Where do you meet on the 1st and what time?

p4kk0

Passed Driver's Ed
Let's meet

MONEY SHIFT

Banned
Where North? I don't feel like dealing with the yuppies in the heights.

racermp

Ready to race!
-i've been here since 98, lots of ppl moving down here, great time to buy houses, very fast appreciation. new homes for about 200k
-texasdirect gives high trade-in values on cars which you can use to bargin up other dealers.
-humid as f
i get to work at 6am, leave at 3pm. no traffic.
- stay away from 45 north/south. 59(now 69(Yeah, haha)) and i10 west are larger freeways.
- sugarland, katy, cypress, spring, pearland, clearlake are great areas if you have famiry. you can buy a nice newer/new home for 200k.
- if not, look at heights, galleria, spring-branch, memorial, medical center, upper kirby areas. heights/upper kirby is really hip. apartments are about 1k/mo for a good one, but you can find under 800 in these areas.
- forgot, humid as F, but atleast you can go out thru out the year, usually stay indoors between 12-5, it's great before and after, no shovling snow and driving on ice. btw when it reaches under 35*f, the town shuts donw. so cool!!! no work!

Last edited: