GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bringing a new meaning to the term "bagged"

rasetsu

Ready to race!
Each their own but mulch actually smells pretty good.... Very earthy lol

I'm with you. I get cedar mulch and it makes my car smell good. Guess we know who's never done any yard work.

I use my GTI for Home Depot runs. It's a true SPORT UTILITY vehicle. Never hauled that much mulch though. Maybe 8 bags at most. I don't have that big of a yard. Home Depot has plastic liners for free in the garden center.

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
work with what you got, I used the gti to bring a xmas tree home one time, no biggie

envythez06

It actually didn't smell bad which I was surprised about. Didn't end up throwing any towels down and of course a few bags got ripped but nothing 10minutes vacuuming couldn't clean up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d4dawg

Ready to race!
Next time use the plastic sheets that Lowe's provide to line the trunk first. You may still need to vacuum afterwards, but it will be much easier.

Higinio.Tavasci

Passed Driver's Ed
Lol!! Hahaha nice use of your GTI. I helped a friend of mine once but he bought a trany for his mkv jetta!! hahaha why will anyone need a pickup truck??

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I see 0 issues with doing that! Right on man ! You're using the car to the fullest!

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
I'd never do this either.. Poor GTI

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
I'm with you. I get cedar mulch and it makes my car smell good. Guess we know who's never done any yard work.

I use my GTI for Home Depot runs. It's a true SPORT UTILITY vehicle. Never hauled that much mulch though. Maybe 8 bags at most. I don't have that big of a yard. Home Depot has plastic liners for free in the garden center.

THIS. I've put as many as 18 bags of mulch in my old A3 hatchback, and in my GTI hauled numerous other itmes including a BBQ grill. I used an industrial mover's blanket to cover the seats part. Then, it's a quick vacuum and you're good as new. Cedar mulch smells GREAT, as well as some of the other types.

WAP

Go Kart Champion
work with what you got, I used the gti to bring a xmas tree home one time, no biggie

Yep, I bring home an 8ft Christmas tree every December. Did it with my Mk4, too. No biggie at all.:thumbsup:

steemax

Go Kart Champion
This isn't some $100k luxury car guys lol it has a hatch and designed with practicality in mind so use it as such and get your moneys worth.

Lay down some tarps and stack up those bags of concrete/soil etc.... trust me it feels good seeing all that fit in there without a pickup truck.

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
Gotta love that practicality! My two-door GTI helped me move to from Wisconsin to Minnesota and back again, hauling everything from dressers to chairs to lamps, and basically all the rest of my stuff.

Sent from my iPhone 5s via Tapatalk

envythez06

Part of the reason I got this car is because of how practical it is. 4 doors, lots of room, and when I'm not using it for that it's still somewhat sporty (APR Stage 2). Plus for under $30,000 it was the only thing new that could do all of the above.