GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clutch Gone?

06gsxr1000

Go Kart Champion
Hmm, so today on my way home I got on it a little bit.. then VROOMM all the way to redline. That was weird.. so in 6th gear at about 50, (4k rpm) i gave it full gas, and shot to redline... is my clutch gone?? 16000 miles... and I'm stage 2... is it finally time to put the apr clutch in?? Or you think I could get this one covered under warranty?? Or is it even gone? It seems fine sometimes, but others goes to redline.. I am thinking the clutch is starting to go.. What do you guys think??

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
Sounds like the clutch is toast. It won't be covered under warranty. I believe that warranty is only until
12k miles or so (someone correct me
If I'm wrong)

lon888

Ready to race!
I thought the warranty was 3 years bumper to bumper. However, since you have done high-performance mods to your engine, they'll blame that on the clutch failure - so it probably won't be covered. Good luck, though.

06gsxr1000

Go Kart Champion
I thought the warranty was 3 years bumper to bumper. However, since you have done high-performance mods to your engine, they'll blame that on the clutch failure - so it probably won't be covered. Good luck, though.

3yr warranty is a LIMITED bumper to bumper... It usually doesn't cover wear and tear items like a clutch... but I was wondering if there was a way I could get around that.. lol I bought the car in may!!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
you work at the dealer, no? :confused: work some magic.....

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
clutch wont be covered. its wear and tear.. boochi's clutch is going too and he only had i think 8-9k on his and them told him its a wear and tear item.

djmslash

Ready to race!
Theres only so much WORKING for the dealer can do for you! haha... I think it's just time to buy a performance clutch... :-/ one less thing I have to do to get to stage 3...
shat if you plan on doing more mods to ur car, miles well upgrade ur clutch neways right??, i think everyone got sales going on right now correct me if im wrong...

vdubstep59

Ready to race!
thats what was very nice about my other options when buying this car, both the speed3 and c30 came with at least 3 years wear/tear. Both Mazda and Volvo had superior warranties which sort of blows...I think Mini was the only company which had a comparable warranty, but I think they at least offered wear/tear at a reasonable rate.

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
thing is though, if you goto the dealer and complain that your flashed to stage2, they are going to tell you to go screw. You'd have to switch back to stock programming, which at that point most likely wouldn't slip.. so you're kinda fucked.

man up and buy a southbend single mass fw/clutch setup and call it a day

daschrier1

Passed Driver's Ed
Regardless of warranty terms, delears will hardly ever cover wear and tear items, like tires, clutch, brakes, unless there is a defect in the part.

Bill Maynard

I'm having the same issue - 13K - stage 2 - starting to slip. Getting quotes but have a quick couple of questions. What is the benefit of a the VW dual mass fly wheel in general terms and is it better to go single mass flywheel when the clutch is replaced or try to leverage the current dual mass (if it's still in good enough shape - hard to know until it gets broke open...) or get a new dual mass??

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Theres only so much WORKING for the dealer can do for you! haha... I think it's just time to buy a performance clutch... :-/ one less thing I have to do to get to stage 3...

You work FOR the dealer and cant catch a deal?

Man you need to move away from the sales side and jump into the engineering/design side. Or hell, even the administrative side would suffice.