GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

19in wheel for the Golf R

Halvie

WOOSA
you must have better connections.

5 weeks and still at this stage...

TA12345

Question - Have US spec Golf R . Stock wheels are 18". Thinking of buying a summers wheelset/tire combo for occasional recreational track days. Would going from the stock 18's with stock PNero Zeros to a neuspeed Rse14 19" rim and a 225/35/18 tire ( not decided on brand yet) effect my speedometer accuracy. Thanks for any input/advice.

TA

audiohs

Passed Driver's Ed
Question - Have US spec Golf R . Stock wheels are 18". Thinking of buying a summers wheelset/tire combo for occasional recreational track days. Would going from the stock 18's with stock PNero Zeros to a neuspeed Rse14 19" rim and a 225/35/18 tire ( not decided on brand yet) effect my speedometer accuracy. Thanks for any input/advice.

TA
Aside that the speedo is already off from the factory (i.e. conservative), the change in readout would be negligible (~1.6%) going from a 225/40/18 to 235/35/19. You can use some online wheel calculators to see how much of a difference it will make.

TA12345

Thanks Audiohs. Appreciate the insight. Also, the new wheels will be lighter weight than stock. Would the larger diameter offset the weight savings benefits. The Neuspeeds would save approx 4lbs per wheel. Also considering Volk G25's which could potentially save 8 pounds per wheel?

audiohs

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks Audiohs. Appreciate the insight. Also, the new wheels will be lighter weight than stock. Would the larger diameter offset the weight savings benefits. The Neuspeeds would save approx 4lbs per wheel. Also considering Volk G25's which could potentially save 8 pounds per wheel?
The Neuspeeds are indeed a lighter wheel as you mentioned so you will benefit from it. Some tires are also known to be lighter weight than others. So you should look at the entire weight of the wheel and tire together as they will have an impact on unsprung weight.