GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who switched from a BMW to an MK6 GTI?

ride106

Ready to race!
I drove a 1990 5-series. It had well over 190,000 miles and could have gone for many more. I learned to drive stick on it and took it on dates in high school. We bonded over snowy parking lot donuts and the occasional breakdown. I love my GTI dearly, and I look forward to driving it every day, yes, this is true...

But that car was, and always will be, the greatest car I've ever known. The smell of the leather, the sound of the engine resonating through the cabin, those orange gauge lights... I'll never forget

Attachments

• DSC_3831.jpg
    DSC_3831.jpg
    389.9 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC_3834.jpg
    DSC_3834.jpg
    333.6 KB · Views: 109
  • DSC_3853.jpg
    DSC_3853.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 129

khan85

I should probably chime in elsewhere first but, happy to say my move from my 2008 328xi to my 2011 GTI was a very good move indeed. My bimmer's lease had one month left on it, and with the offer of making my last payment disappear I was sold last night!

Picked up my baby at 2pm EST today, now all I want to do is get in and row through the gears!

Time will tell how I get used to the car, but my initial findings are very positive:

-radio and Bluetooth interface is more straightforward and intuitive.
-it has all the features I liked in my last car
-it makes a beautiful noise when I press on the gas
-steering, pedal, and shifter input and feedback feels tailor made for me.

It's safe to say I'm pleased

hpowders

Ready to race!
Yes. Going from a 328i to a GTI won't provide much of a shock. I don't know how anybody goes from a 335i to a GTI. That's a big change.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Yes. Going from a 328i to a GTI won't provide much of a shock. I don't know how anybody goes from a 335i to a GTI. That's a big change.

Eh, it was easy for me. GTI has soul, incredible MPG, great steering wheel and clutch/shifter - all very smooth, wanted 4 doors, better seats (autobahns) imho, and handled much nicer.