GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OEM Side Skirt

drodrigues09

Ready to race!
Has anybody ever taken off the plastic black little skirt that comes from the factory and just ran your car without them?

Ive been looking online for some pics but cant seem to find any. Thanks!

sushiplease

Ready to race!

Regular golfs come without any skirts.

I would suggest Ed's R20 Reps side skirts.
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36398

jdmdaddy

Passed Driver's Ed
Has anybody ever taken off the plastic black little skirt that comes from the factory and just ran your car without them?

Ive been looking online for some pics but cant seem to find any. Thanks!

If you decide to part with those, let me know :)

drodrigues09

Ready to race!

drodrigues09

Ready to race!

drodrigues09

Ready to race!

drodrigues09

Ready to race!
Maybe its my set up, or maybe I'm naive, but mine looks way better than that. I'll post within 30 min. Gotta finish eatin
Yeaa if they look like that its gonna look weird lol. Maybe cuz its a golf and not a gti. Thats fine man take your time

drodrigues09

Ready to race!
I was rushed to get to class, and totally forgot to take a pic. These are the pics I just randomly have.

That actually doesnt look that bad but i didnt realize there was that many holes. Ill most likely end up just taking them off and painting them gloss black along with the valence.

drodrigues09

Ready to race!
Yeah thats what I had originally planned. I just got tired of how they would lose their shine. In fact, the only reason I removed them completely, was when I was removing the side skirts, I broke the plastic holders.
Not too sure when im gonna paint them but ill be sure to post them up here once there done. Hopefully they come out good, gonna be my first time painting something on my car lol

drodrigues09

Ready to race!
Just take your time and light coats! make sure its a warm day. Honestly I've never had luck painting with following the rattle can's instructions. Wait 5 min between coats. I've only had luck waiting like 30 min between coats. It's prolly something I'm doing wrong.
Your not doing anything wrong. Those instructions are wrong lol. 5 mins is too little. 30 mins is the average to be safe.