GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Catalytic converter light flashing or not

Stinger

Ready to race!
Was driving on freeway minding my own business when the car started acting a bit strange, like right before running out of gas (check, no problem there). Something was misfiring so I started guessing plugs or worse, my V 2.1 stage one update... :yikes: The car was still running relatively ok so I drove to destination. At idle the car was clearly no running right and couldn't keep proper idle.
Switched engine off and back on (started!)... Catalytic converter light came on, still and/or flashing.
Drove back about 15 miles directly to the Oakland VW dealership where they've done a great job with my car in the past putting most everything under one warranty or another and they know that little is stock on my car and they don't care. :thumbsup: In fact, first thing they said was, "could be injectors which are under warranty" :)clap:) Yes, let's see... Not sure what warranty that would be but I'll take it!

Will let you know what the problem is tomorrow...any guesses?:iono:

Stinger

Ready to race!
Since no one played the guessing game I will still give you the answer:

major leak from intake manifold going to oil separator. Apparently my aftermarket separator was the culprit (!) so they replaced it but.. Fault P2261 came back... failed cut off valve.

This is embarrassing because I changed both of these about 2 months ago myself after my high perf garage suggested I replace them both for no other reason that they were not the latest updates. Of course I didn't buy OEMs..but that they both failed at the same time is a bit surprising considering there isn't anything complicated with their install...