GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Strange high pitch sound when accelerating

chegelheimer

So I just installed a euro jet TBE w/cat last week and yesterday installed the Cobb intake and Access Port. On my first drive with the car after applying the “stage 2 tune with stock MAF”, when I hit 50-75% throttle and between 4-6k rpm there was this high pitch “buzzing/constant beep kinda sound. At first the thought it might be the Cobb AP beeping/notifying me of something but I don’t think it was the AP. I was able to reproduce the sound buy giving car some gas n opening her up but couldn’t figure it out. Anyone heard of this or have an idea? Also popped a couple codes wondering if there is some direct fixes for them as it seems they are fairly common.... P0101 MAF... is there a better MAF to run with the tune and intake? Cobb’s tune options for stock MAF tunes leads me to believe there is? If there’s a thread on it just point me in the right direction please. Another two codes were, P2177 & P2188 (too rich & too lean at idle, bank 1) I have a CCTA. Should I also get one of those elbow spacers for the exhaust sensor?
Thanks in advance guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustinT

Ready to race!
I'm not 100% sure, but you said that you installed an intake. When most people install their intake, with 3/4 throttle and within 4-6K rpm they get a wine/whistle from the intake which is normal.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
i love intake whistle. When I was stg2 i used to get it and pretend it was my intake congratulating me for going WOT.