GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wrapping intake heat-shield in foil

JSwag420

Ready to race!
To those with the Neuspeed P-Flo, did you wrap the metal intake heat-shield with that gold/silver heat reflectant foil? Today I touched it after a drive and the damn thing is so hot I could probably cook an egg on it. Is the air I'm sucking in this hot too?

jon570

Ready to race!
When i had a full intake system depending on the outside temp i would usually have IAT's around the 70 degree mark. Thats on a 95 degree day. This would of course lower slightly while in boost as the intercooler is doing its job, but i dont really see that foil doing any benefit unless youre racing or racing and then sitting with the engine running then taking off again. I see it more for looks.

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
When i had a full intake system depending on the outside temp i would usually have IAT's around the 70 degree mark. Thats on a 95 degree day. This would of course lower slightly while in boost as the intercooler is doing its job, but i dont really see that foil doing any benefit unless youre racing or racing and then sitting with the engine running then taking off again. I see it more for looks.

Unless you're spraying water/meth, have a Cry02 system, or H20 intercooler sprayer, I don't think this is possible. An intercooler by itself cannot cool below ambient temperature. It is simply an air-to-air temperature exchange.

Tony48

Go Kart Champion

Unless you're spraying water/meth, have a Cry02 system, or H20 intercooler sprayer, I don't think this is possible. An intercooler by itself cannot cool below ambient temperature. It is simply an air-to-air temperature exchange.

If those IAT's are being read from logs then they're in celsius. 70°C = 158°F