GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Saying goodbye to the mk6

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
All the 18s come with 220 hp... I wanted lsd, but the XDS is standard on all models (which is not manual lsd), the SE has LED headlights, so all have at least the LED running lights, but the SE would've also been a whole lot more expensive (by about 4k) and I couldn't do that. I just always seemed to have an ongoing issue with my car with the mods I had added and all of the videos I've watched said the 7 was a very solid platform, and one which I don't care to void 72k of warranty. An intake isn't worth it, a jb1 or 4 or even neuspeed power module is plenty to get it to respectable levels of power alone, and is quick and easy to remove, but any actual ecu "flashing"... is out.

$10 says you'll void you warranty within the next 90 days :)

riceburner

Autocross Champion
i'm salty that HID's havent been standard since the MK5s. It's 2018 like really?

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Curious as to the terms of this contract and whether it would it hold up in a court of law. That is a nice ride. Hope it's good to you. In my supermoto days my wife would have loved to take a flame thrower to my bike as I was always doing something to it. Not that the MK6 is any different but I'm not married anymore so....

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
i'm salty that HID's havent been standard since the MK5s. It's 2018 like really?
welcome to the world of cost savings. gotta think halogens cost them like maybe 50 bucks to make/use where as HID/LED projectors cost a couple hundred. No brainier on thousands of cars in the long run saving a lot of money or they can charge an extra couple thousand for the lighting package/upgraded trim.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
welcome to the world of cost savings. gotta think halogens cost them like maybe 50 bucks to make/use where as HID/LED projectors cost a couple hundred. No brainier on thousands of cars in the long run saving a lot of money or they can charge an extra couple thousand for the lighting package/upgraded trim.

Here in the UK all Mk7.5 GTi’s have LED projector headlights as standard equipment, presumably the base price here is higher than the US!

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/gol...&mtid=vdvv2y1xd0&slid=&product_id=#!#overview

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
wow you guys are paying almost 40k dollars for the GTI.

Thats like the price of a Golf R here in the states.
Our GTIs start at 26k USD or £18,500

zef

Drag Racing Champion
All the 18s come with 220 hp... I wanted lsd, but the XDS is standard on all models (which is not manual lsd), the SE has LED headlights, so all have at least the LED running lights, but the SE would've also been a whole lot more expensive (by about 4k) and I couldn't do that. I just always seemed to have an ongoing issue with my car with the mods I had added and all of the videos I've watched said the 7 was a very solid platform, and one which I don't care to void 72k of warranty. An intake isn't worth it, a jb1 or 4 or even neuspeed power module is plenty to get it to respectable levels of power alone, and is quick and easy to remove, but any actual ecu "flashing"... is out.

See if the dealer has a deal with APR. Many VW dealers offer APR stage 1 tunes that won't void warranties.

Uberryan

Banned

Nearly standard on every other car brand. VAG is the only one really who gives halogen options with reflective housings still. Others just put halogens in projectors and you can upgrade them on their own easily... not needing to drop $1k+

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
See if the dealer has a deal with APR. Many VW dealers offer APR stage 1 tunes that won't void warranties.

They do the APR plus, which sucks and is a very low output file... based on what I've seen here, I don't think I'd trusdt APR to hold up their end on any warranty... the can't even get their stage 2 file fixed from multiple years ago. Jb1 would be a better bet imo.

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
Nearly standard on every other car brand. VAG is the only one really who gives halogen options with reflective housings still. Others just put halogens in projectors and you can upgrade them on their own easily... not needing to drop $1k+

Deautokey ftw!... had those on the other car and they were very nice.

Oddly enough, the car has LED running lights, reverse lights, fog lights, and interior lights... doesn't make much sense I realize, but oh well... I save a few k more.

Mk6 Steve

Ready to race!
Bring that shiny mk7 and meet me on the garden state parkway.....you’ll regret selling it! But I was also getting tired looking for boost leaks until I invested in better (Breeze constant torque) clamps...I haven’t had to get under the car since then. Best of luck on your new ride. I’ll give it 30 days before you go down that slippery slope and start modding again.

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
Bring that shiny mk7 and meet me on the garden state parkway.....you’ll regret selling it! But I was also getting tired looking for boost leaks until I invested in better (Breeze constant torque) clamps...I haven’t had to get under the car since then. Best of luck on your new ride. I’ll give it 30 days before you go down that slippery slope and start modding again.

I have 20 breeze hi-torque clamps in my garage now... the others were already on my car. Trust me, I've had plenty of experience with those issues. My evo x ran 30 psi and i have blown many clamps off, and had to find good ones in the past. You have to remember, I'm almost 40 years old with a shoulder that needs a glenoid osteotomy, and has osteoarthritis, scoliosis, lower back arthritis, 2 bulging discs, both knees have torn meniscus from Muay Thai, etc... I physically cannot do all this stuff anymore, and paying someone else just makes me feel sick considering I could do it all myself, but I can't... it's a vicious circle that's got to stop somewhere.

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!